Penn's View Hotel
US$234
US$208
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine barold citypanorama restaurantboiled eggssmall balconypremium king roommarket streetfranklin fountaingas fireplaceexposed brickwithin walking distancehardwood floorsjacuzzi tubquaint hotelmajor highwayfresh fruitliberty bell
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stumbled onto Penn's View during a business trip after my reservations at another hotel got screwed up. I discovered a hidden gem. A converted warehouse built in the early 1800's, it has many features that remind me of hotels where I have stayed in Europe. Each room is unique, the restaurant is great and, unlike where I was suppose to stay, the complementary breakfast was on real china. And the staff was more than professional. During my stay, a special business need came up and the Front Office Manager, Antonio Conrado did more than go out of his way to accommodate us. All this, with a perfect location near the river and the historical district, and right next to public transportation. It will be the only hotel I use when I go to Philly from now on.

Room Tip: Go to their web site to check out the different rooms and features.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JIm T
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay here in July. A nice touch was the availability of cold lemon-water in the lobby. The staff was very pleasant with suggestions. Our suite was on the second floor and very roomy with a sofa bed, large dining table, and separate bedroom. Very quiet -- no problems. They gave us a wake up call when we requested it and called a taxi for us.

Room Tip: Second floor suite was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I spent Saturday July 5th, traveling through to Atlantic City. This hotel offers offstreet parking, different vendor, but it appeared to be manned most of the time. We walked over the bridge, lots of entertainment and fireworks went off that evening. The hotel is within walking distance to Campos, famous for their Cheesesteak sandwiches and of course, the national mall. Due to the patriotic holiday it was, the buildings had extended their hours.

The hotel is older, the stairs were narrow and steep, but the room had everything we needed. A bed, and bathroom even though it was a tad small then again we only slept there. We ate at the restaurant, which was pricey but the food was excellent. According to the waiter they are in the guiness book of records for having the most bottles of wine open. They did have an extensive list, which makes the decision harder. I was able to tell the bartender what I like in a wine and he brought me a very lovely Chardonnay. The hotel also offers a free hot breakfast, perfect for sending us on our way the next day.

The hotel is perfectly located near historical district for sight seeing, we walked there around and back. Also located directly across from the river. We would definitely stay there again and for a longer period of time as one day is not nearly enough to see what Philly has to offer. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IowaIowa4Vacations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice place to stay - very clean and comfortable. It's just a few blocks from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell so it's a good place for tourists. It was kind of hard for us to find at first because our GPS got confused but otherwise no problems.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel; room was very clean. Close to many shops, restaurants and historical landmarks in Philadelphia. Room had a wonderful little balcony with a great view of the city. This hotel is good for tourist as well as business travel. Amy, in the bar, was very nice and friendly. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor; excellent view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple