“Friendly hotel, Great Staff”

Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
San Antonio, Texas
“Friendly hotel, Great Staff”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed two nights at Sheraton Society Hill, Oct., 2012. It is newly re-decorated. Sparkling clean. Quiet location. Close to most all the US historical history homage.
The hotels food was very good. The bar spacious, and Anthony took good care of us each night. He even shared one of his personal cannelloni with us (the best we'd ever eaten!).
And, Thank You Anthony, for introducing us to such a delicious bakery!
Most everyone at the Sheraton welcomed us. We were given directions to places of interest, which was 'very helpful' as we were on a short timetable as "tourists". They were directions to just some of the most important 'must sees' to visit in our limited time in Philly. And directions to great places for dining. Philadelphia has so much to offer! Tourist books are helpful, but it doesn't compair to what the locals can tell you about their city.
We will make a visit to this Sheraton again!
Our thanks for a great stay to everyone at the Sheraton Society Hill!

Room Tip: Visit with the staff. They are so knowledgeable.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear BotanicalSA,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments about our hotel and staff. We enjoy reading comments about our staff and the wonderful service they provided to you. It is important for our staff to hear how happy our guests are with the services they provide and to know they are doing a great job. We hope the next time you are in the Philadelphia area you choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
DC
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is just finishing up a renovation so the lobby and rooms are modern and trendy. The rooms are clean and functional. The free bottled water was a nice touch.The only drawback to the hotel are the rooms along the open air atrium where the bar is located because they are probably very noisy. The hotel is very large though so request a room far from the atrium. Although the boundary of Independence Park is 2 blocks from the hotel, it is a 15-20 minute walk through the park to Independence Hall and the Visitor Center but it is a beautiful walk in the fall!

Valet parking is incredibly expensive and while there is ample street parking around the hotel and in the city generally but they are all 2 or 3 hour spaces. Parking is free and has no time restrictions between 10pm and 8am (on weekends at least). The movie theater parking lot 2 blocks from the hotel is $19 for 24 hours; there is a large sign so you can't miss it!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear YuppieonaShoeString,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments with us. We enjoy listening to feedback from our guests because it helps us to improve our guest’s experience and effectively communicate information about our hotel and the surrounding area to our guest. We hope that in the near future you choose to stay with the Sheraton Society Hill again.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Not much to write home about here. This is about as standard a Sheraton as a Sheraton can be. The room was clean, the decor/furnishings generic, and the staff was professional. Nothing to get excited about. The best thing was that the bedding was very comfortable. Worst thing was that the HVAC system is noisy and the room was so stuffy and dry that I had a headache from the minute I arrived until the minute I left.

With respect to the neighborhood, if you're a tourist, or there for a convention, you'll be happy. As a business traveler with meetings in Center City, I was not thrilled, as I didn't realize that it would be a $10 cab ride. Next time I will stay in a different Starwood property closer to my meetings.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear AllisonNNH, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments help to improve our services in order to improve our guests’ experiences. We greatly apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. We are truly upset when our guest leave unhappy. If you would like to reach out to christopher.petrucci@sheraton.com to follow up about your experiences at the Sheraton Society Hill, he would be happy to assist you. Thank you
vermont
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was at this hotel for a conference last week.
The conference was held in the hotel.

Room/bedding was what you would expect for the price.
The heating/cooling system was not working completely properly and the window did not open leading to either a loud intermittent fan or overheating.
The HVAC system was near the entrance to the room and appeared to have been dented by luggage or a kick. Should have been fixed before asking a guest to stay in the room.
Stairways were very dirty. The pool/whirlpool were clean. The is a small fitness center.
The venting for the indoor pool/whirlpool is inadequate leading many in our group staying on the third or fourth floor to complain/remark that their rooms smelled like a pool house.

Service was not up to par other than at the front door. The door men were helpful and friendly.
The cleaning and floor staff were noisy in the hallway early in the morning and not friendly or professional.

The location is good. 5-20 minute walks to many restaurants. This is good because the in house restaurant, Taste, is overpriced and very routine at best.

The hotel is also a car rental location.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kiteboarddad
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear Kevin C,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your comments. We use your comments to help to improve our service and surroundings. We hope in the near future you choose to stay with the Sheraton Society Hill.
Bristol, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2012

this hotel is very nice. stayed there as a romantic getaway with my now wife for a anniversary weekend, and also with some friends for an overnight stay in the city. it is within walking distance from many places to eat and drink. the overall appearance is really nice, very clean and well lit. for the coffee drinkers there is a starbucks inside. also there is a gym and an indoor pool which seemed very nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear kiteboarddad,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are so pleased to learn that you and your wife had an enjoyable time. We thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you in near future
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 21 October 2012

In general this hotel was good especially for the price. The staff was really the only down side. Rarely did anyone open the door for me even when I was loaded with luggage. No bell hops anywhere. The cleaning staff totally ignored me and not a smile on their faces, kinda grumpy even. They would leave their cleaning cart in the middle of the hall consistently which made it impossible to get by. I had to put down my bags to move the large cart to get by them. Girls at front desk were great.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Margaret P
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We apologize that you felt unwelcomed at our hotel. We always strived to provide the best of service and by providing your honest feedback it helps to improve our service. We hope that in the near future you choose to stay with the Sheraton Society Hill again
DC
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I booked this hotel for a romantic weekend to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. My first impression of this hotel is that is a beautiful through back to a different time. The lobby is inviting with a country club feel to it. The nice feeling faded as soon as I attempted to check in. I called the day before, yesterday, to confirm that I had a King sized bed. When I checked in I was told that I was confirmed for 2 double beds and there were no Kings available. I had called 2 times the day before and I do not know how this reservation magically got changed in their system. I explained that I called their front desk yesterday afternoon to confirm the king and was lectured on how reservations were not guaranteed. After being persistent, I learned that they did have kings available, but they were being cleaned. I am now waiting for the room I reserved and confirmed available to be cleaned at 4 pm. I did not get a warm welcoming feel from the lady at the front desk and this has changed my perception of the hotel before I even get to my room. It makes me wonder if the old fashioned treatment of minorities is part of the country club feel of the hotel. Others are getting their keys as I wait. Very unimpressed.

Room Tip: Try the Westin.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DCAdvisor
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We always strive to provide our guest with the best of service, and we feel as if we have let our guests down when they leave unhappy. We do you hope you return to the Sheraton Society Hill in the near future to experience the service you deserve.