“Not bad ”

Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad ”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Great location and good service. I was there for a business meeting and the Wifi was simply unacceptable. Very frustrating and something I wouldn't expect of an otherwise good hotel. Fitness center ok. Great little neighbourhood within walking distance

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Avery N
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Avery N,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and informing us of the wireless internet issue. We will work closely with our engineering and IT departments to resolve this issue. Otherwise, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Philadelphia for a 4 day trip. This was our first time overnight in the city. The Sheraton was absolutely wonderful, in a great location. The Society Hill neighborhood is charming, quiet(compared to the rest of city center), and easy to navigate. The hotel has been updated in the recent past. The lobby is very nice, and the bar is great for a snack and glass of wine. Being a SPG gold, we were given a Preferred room and late check out. I'm not sure how the Preferred rooms were different from regular rooms? The housekeeping staff did a great job every day. The bed was quite comfortable, as were the pillows. The fitness center looked good. The indoor pool is nice when the weather outside isn't. There are several great restaurants within walking distance(Positano Coast was super!) and a movie theater (Ritz 5). Overall, we will definitely be back when returning to Philadelphia.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BParkerTX
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently spent the night here prior to a wedding at a venue in the neighborhood, and I was so pleased with the experience. The hotel has been updated recently, and the rooms are lovely and comfortable. I loved the luxurious bedding, and the products offered in the bathroom are topnotch. My hair has seldom looked so shiny and nice!
While it was strange staying in a hotel in my own city, circumstances made it mandatory. My house was simply too full of guests! I have to admit that I loved the peace and quiet. Although my room overlooked the front road to the left of I 95 as it passes through Philadelphia, I could not hear a single sound! I feel comfortable recommending this hotel to anyone visiting The City of Brotherly Love!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Bianca M
New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton this weekend for a wedding.
Hotel is in a nice area, very pretty. The hotel itself is pretty standard but it is nice. Room was kind of small but it was fine for the stay as we were not in there much.
Parking is very expensive but there is a self park at 2nd and Samson which is $19 for 24 hours and literally steps away from the hotel so this is where we parked the car and it worked out well.
Would recommend this hotel for someone that is making a quick trip to the city and wants to be in a good location.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing the side street. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear uraqc,
We are happy that you had a nice time while staying with us. We thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope you have the chance to stay with us again
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When I was here last they were in the middle of renovations. The internet was really next to useless. This time you can choose the premium internet option, which for the month I was staying, was discounted. So it was back to the somewhat reasonable price of $10 a day. I think something about the conference I was attending caused that to be discounted from my bill, as well. So I didn't end up having to pay for it. Which was nice. The room was perfectly clean and I liked having the "green option" where they don't change your towels or bedding every day. There's no need for that. I was only staying three nights. I converted mine to points. :) The staff are unfailingly pleasant and in most cases warm. They were helpful and I didn't have any problems that they needed to resolve. I didn't make use of the pool or the exercise facilities this go because I ended up out with colleagues each night. The location of this hotel is perfect for some brilliantly wonderful ethnic restaurants: Zahav, Han Dynasty, Pagoda Noodle Cafe, Amada, Khyber Pass (southern US food, surprisingly enough, and well executed), and a lot of others. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear MorgannaLeFey,
Thank you very much for your review of the Sheraton. We are happy that you were able to experience the previous and renovated hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We will inform our IT department of the issue with the internet. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again. Thank you
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have stayed in many hotels and B&Bs on the east coast and elsewhere...in our opinion there isn't any other hotel that matches the excellence of Sheraton Society HIll.. From the
young men who meet you at the door/car, to the front desk folks, to the women who clean
your room, everyone goes out of their way to ensure that you have everything you need.
If you have a particular need, all you have to do is engage a staff member in dialogue
who will then set about working to solve your issue. Everyone here is most professional.
We are in Philly several times/year..we will stay no where else!

Room Tip: Check out the floor plans (only 3 floors) and decide on which area of the hotel is most to your...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edward D
Dear Edward D,
Thank you so much for this glowing review. We are so happy that we are your preferred hotel in Philadelphia. We hope you can return soon and we promise to provide the same outstanding service.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Traveler BEWARE!! This hotel can be great if they hired a brand new staff..Here's the gist...The hotel itself is done in a classic boutique style. The lobby is updated, the facilities are clean.The location is very convenient. Walking distance to neighboring shops, in the center of the Historic District.You have to ASK for a bellman and EXPLAIN what you need them for? Seriously? There is one dining room. Had dinner there on our first night. The food is decent. There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I can't even say , "terrible" service because the staff doesn't even care enough to try.Yes, it is THAT bad. My "check-in" process was so horrific that I would've left had I not been traveling w/ my 2 small children.The desk clerk was RUDE,obnoxious and didn't know how to smile or make eye contact. The rest of the staff was clueless. Bottom line? Location: good. Indoor Pool: Good. Staff/Service: Incompetent, unfriendly, and careless. Spend your money elsewhere. There are PLENTY of great hotels just a few blocks over in Center City or Rittenhouse (where we usually stay). Unless, you don't mind being treated like a burden to the staff during your stay.

Update: Emailed the hotel with my issues and it was graciously handled by the Director of Guest Services. She went above and beyond to apologize for her staff and assured me that they would be addressed accordingly. She took the time to speak to me directly over the phone and didn't rush me through my story. There may be hope for this place yet! Changed my review from 1-4 stars.

Room Tip: 4th floor has the pool, convenient for the kiddos.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family