“GOOD VALUE< CLEAN< ACCOMMODATING<”

Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was quiet, clean and the hotel was located walking distance to many the historical sights. Great staff from the front desk thru the chambermaids.
Sheraton usually provides value and quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bill s
Maya B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

BilL S, thank you for such positive feedback. We love to hear guests share their wonderful stay experiences with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

There are some things about this property that are fantastic and some things that aren't so good!

Great location, good amenities (computers, starbucks, restaurant, gym, pool). The front desk staff, concierge are really friendly and helpful.

It's a large property - and I had to wait a while to get my bags which was stored during the day causing me to push the boundary of almost missing my flight! This was a real turn off - especially considering that one of the young valet park boys showed no interest in helping me. The bellman must have been on a break or otherwise occupied. I have to note though that once I got the attention of the front desk clerk - she sought help for me right away. The lady who came from the back office, however, looked miserable as hell!

My room was a bit dated, water dripped down the counter from the faucet! It was a big room - but awkwardly laid out. Comfy bed though.

Overall, okay, but I staying at the hotel again would not be an automatic choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RoamingGibsons
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here multiple times, incl for my wedding, and again, tonight, for my anniv. Complimentary wine and cheese platter, friendly staff, decor is very nice since the remodel, and the corner on which it sits is quaint and quiet. Big fan! Stay here

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bkdadskier
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my second hotel in Philadelphia in one week, and they couldn't have been more different! This hotel made me feel welcome, the rooms were quiet, clean and incredibly comfortable. Every staff member made an effort to make my visit a joyfilled experience, and they were very successful i would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits this city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brenda M
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience with us Brenda M. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and other hotel amenities. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

my husband and I have stayed in many nice hotels, but I have to say i will never forget how comfortable these beds and pillows were. Wish I could have brought them home with me. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and the pillows were like marshmallows!! We slept sooo well. I usually have my hips, back or neck hurting at some point of the night but I slept like a baby.
My only complaint about this hotel was the cost of parking. It is valet parking only which was $36 with 20% tax on top of that. Very nice hotel though. I would recommend it to anyone going to philadelphia pa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy741

Ana2747, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and got a good night’s sleep. I am also sorry to hear of your issue with parking. For future reference, we do offer hotel packages which include parking and other exciting amenities. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

First, let me just say that the extra "star" is given to the bartenders and valet of this hotel. This was my 2nd time back in Phlly and boy, was I initially excited. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on 3/22. This hotel seemed to be in the perfect location. Upon walking in, we were pleasantly surprised by the decor of the hotel. Cookies and tea offered to guests when first walking in. Valet was very fast and helpful (even though it costs $44 a night) Check in seemed to be speedy... we were asked to join the Sheraton preferred guest club.. we agreed, signed up and then realized we were given a room by the pool. THE WORST possible room. (We were on the fourth floor). This is when our stay went from 5 stars to 1. *BEWARE, if you are given a room next to the gym/pool DO NOT agree to it.

We arrived at about 2:30pm, checked in and went to drop off our belongings.. right away we noticed how awful the air flow/temperature was in the room. We also noticed that unless we had the BLACKOUT curtains covering the room - EVERYONE and their mother could see us from the pool. That was our view - the gym on the bottom and the pool. We were "OK" with this since we didn't plan to stay in the room all day. A warning would have been nice.. "HEY YOU'LL HAVE LITTLE TO NO PRIVACY SINCE EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOU ACROSS FROM THE POOL AND GYM!" I called the front desk to request a refrigerator, barely able to hear over the broken phone in our room, they did not offer to fix/exchange. We left to go downstairs bar for some snacks/drinks. This was probably the only enjoyable part of the stay. The bartenders were awesome and there was a good beer/food selection. We got back to our room and once again realized that even though the fan was on - there was EXTREME dew and moisture in the room. We were late for an event so we got ready and left. Upon returning (late) we got in bed and were woken up a few hours later by LOUD banging that sounded like an earthquake, we realized this was someone on the treadmill! We attempted to ignore and sleep - but it was so loud! The bed felt wet and disgusting, we could not go back to sleep. When we called the front desk they told us that we could switch our rooms, it was 7:30am at this point, who in their right minds would pack up and try to switch rooms at this hour..? Why were we given this room in the first place? There was some type of convention going on - we figured they saved the "better" rooms for those guests, and given the younger couple a crap room. I can't believe we were asked to sign up for a "preferred guest account" and then given this awful room. How is this a way to treat your "preferred guests???" We were not offered anything else. EXTREMELY Disappointing. Felt like we stayed at a cheap motel room by the time we left, and paid quadruple.

Room Tip: Do not stay at a room next to the pool or gym!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was pleased that I chose this hotel for my visit to Philly. The location was great. We had our pick of hundreds of great restaurants (see separate reviews of Positano Coast and Cuba Libre), and were in walking distance of Penn Landing (a view of the Delaware River, but not much going on in the winter months unless you want to visit the maritime museum), South Street (a very vibrant street scene, though plan on lots of walking), historic houses in Society Hill, and even Independence Hall (though again... a few blocks away). The staff here was very friendly and I liked their 'green' policy. If you don't need maid service, let them know and you'll get 'points' toward future discounts or a credit for an on-site beverage. Enjoy a drink at the bar in the restaurant: Taste. The bartender knew what she was doing and mixed a very good cocktail. She passed my Cosmo test with flying colors! The room was 'OK'. Sheraton prides itself in its 'comfort beds' and they were certainly soft and cozy, but not good for my bad back. There is no courtesy fridge, so if you want to bring leftovers home from one of the great local restaurants, be sure to request one in advance - they'll gladly accomodate. I stayed on the club level and had access to the club room. It may be worth an upgrade for you if you want access to free sodas and snacks any time of the day, continental breakfast (fruit, steamed sausage buns, oatmeal, cereal, etc.) and refreshments (cheese, crackers, sweets, etc.) from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. I was a bit confused about the alcohol policy here. One night, the attendant was nice enough to give me a couple of glasses of complimentary wine... on the second night I was allowed one glass but had to purchase any others after that. Not a big deal, but if it is for you, be sure to clarify this beforehand at the desk. Overall... it was a very good experience. I would choose this hotel again in the future. P.S. The valet parking is very expensive... somewhere around $40+ with tax. You can find parking a bit closer at a couple of local lots from $19-25.

Room Tip: If you need to sleep soundly, ask for one away from the open atrium.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingfun101
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear travelingfun101,
We’re thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us and decided to “make a green choice!” I apologize for any confusion over the Club Lounge alcohol policy. Certain weeks we run guest appreciation promotions where club lounge amenities may be complimentary. Also, for future reference, we do offer hotel packages that include parking and other treats! We look forward to seeing you again soon.