“Beats sleeping in the airport”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Other than the convenience to the airport, not much to recommend about this hotel. Rooms are small and tired. Mattresses soft. Service generally poor. My room was missing a luggage rack, had one towel for two people, and was BOILING HOT. When I called for two more towels, I was grilled by the "at your service" person why I needed two towels. I told him we were two people. He said: weren't there any towels in the room? I answered one. So he said: so you only need one towel. I explained I like two towels after my shower, after which he relented to send two towels. When engineering came to check why my room was a sweltering 73 degrees despite my setting the thermostat at 60, he said the hotel is "green" and therefore can't cool the rooms; he said there was nothing wrong with my system. He then offered me to change rooms. I questioned how that would help; are some rooms greener than others, I asked?

1  Thank BlackPlace
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
Please accept my personal apology for the frustration you experienced when requesting additional towels, and asssitance with the tepmerature in your guest room.
I have worked directly with our fornt office and engineering leaders to address the specific concerns you have shared.
We look forward toserving you again, and earning your future business.
Barry

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel was extremely clean, the rate was reasonable and I walked to the terminal in minutes. The staff was courteous and is right across the street from the airport rental car facilities. The only negative if your walking to the terminal, is that if its cold outside it will take you approx 5 minutes.

1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Being in Philly during the infamous Polar Vortex I appreciated that I didn't have to walk outside to get to this hotel! Also (because of the PV), the place was fully booked, and there were tons of people hanging around the common areas. However, it was very comfortable for everyone, plus the restaurant and bar are quite large with good food and excellent service. The property itself is a little bit aged, but it seems well-kept and maintained with recent renovations. Planes, trains, and automobiles are steps away. I used miles to pay for my room and was surprised at how few were required. I overheard someone in the lobby discussing the dollar amount required, and I was surprised at how reasonable that was, too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed in this property on Jan 5. I'll start with the CONs. The dining room area at night were manned by people who weren't very friendly - no smiles just robotic responses to your questions. The floors in my bathroom sticks to your shoes, kind of like the floors in a cheap hotel. This particular night, there was a false fire alarm, which put the customers as well as the hotel staff in total confusion. Everyone had to be in the main lobby until the Fire Department determine if it was safe to go back into the room. As I said before, it fortunately turned out to be a false alarm. I expected the top management to be the calming influence, but I didn't see them around. There was no one in charge, so I saw chaos. The customers, not the Hotel Staff, helped other customers. Finally, we were able to go back to our rooms, about 8:30pm. I tried and tried to call downstairs about this time, but no one ever picked up the phone until next morning. If there was an emergency, no one at the Hotel can help you at that time, you would just calll 911. So, I figured the front desk was not cooperating at all. I thought I could reach the Director of Hotel Operations, but he was out. So, my night with this Marriott was not relaxing at all.

Here are the PROs. Good mattress, clean room, good breakfast, and friendlier morning staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maiboston
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The location is ideal; the train station to downtown Philadelphia is a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is pretty much a standard Marriott; the rooms appear to have been renovated fairly recently. Ask for a view of the airport/runway, it is very nice.

Room Tip: View of airport on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WiHi1
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I really enjoyed ten hours at this hotel. I was forced to reserve there for this year's American Economic Association convention since I applied too late to get an in-town hotel. It turns out that airport parking and SEPTA transit are right by the front door. The hotel store is open late and had a good selection of early morning and late evening snacks. The room was more than comfortable and the bathroom was so clean that you could have convinced me that I was the first person to use it.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Ideal hotel if you're flying in or out of Philly. Especially ideal stay if you have an early morning flight. You can literally walk from your hotel room onto your plane.
The hotel has a (free of charge) kiosk where you can print your boarding pass.
The rooms are quiet and clean. The beds are very comfortable.
Check-in was quick and easy.
Highly recommended!