“What a rip off!”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Due to the threat of horrible snow, and to be sure to make my plane, took a room late on a recent Sunday night. Hotel is on-site at the airport, so no need to go outside. Checked in at 11PM, planning to leave at 6AM to walk through the concourse to the gates. Hotel wasn't full yet they charged the "rack rate" because they knew I had no choice but to pay...cancelling all contact with Marriott from now on.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Good Morning Bill,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I can appreciate you concern regarding the rate for the evening of your visit, as there are many factors that guide our pricing decisions each day.
Our goal is to provide value to each guest while meeting the financial obligations of our hotel employees and company.
We hope to serve you again.
Barry

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I got stranded in Philly because of a snow storm. Ended up getting a room at the Marriott at the airport. What a nice experience! The room was well equipped. The staff was very friendly and provided great service. The restaurant was very good and room service was fast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I surprised my son for his b'day trip to LAX (6:00 am flight) by booking a room here. We were able to sleep till 4:30 am (vs. 3:00 am if we left from home.) Our check-in person was incredibly friendly.

We had a $70 'snack' downstairs at the bar (pretzel bites, 2 salads, 4 beers), the staff working there were fantastic!.

I thought the beds were comfy, pillows great for my neck/back problems, loved the comforter. Son took shower at 4:00 am & said that water wasn't all that consistently hot. We were a bit bummed that we had to walk outside to United at Terminal D to check his bag - but was a good brisk wake up at that time of morning.

I parked in the 'Marriott' garage - had to wake up the poor lady working the graveyard shift to get out of the garage.

I don't believe 'park and fly' is OK here, so for me - unless my son has an early morning flight, I won't be staying here again. But I really saw no problem with the room for the short amount of time we stayed (other than the price, but I was willing to pay it.)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TZMOM
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Good Evening,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent visit at our hotel.
It will be a pleasure to share the great feedback you have regarding our Front Desk Agents & Restaurant Servers!
Good to hear you enjoyed our new bedding package in our guest rooms.
Please accept my apology for the less than acceptable experience with our Parking Garage Attendant, and your comments will be presented to the Parking Garage Manager for the appropriate accountability.
We look forward to your return at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Not Convenient for departing or arriving international flights. This hotel was sold to us that we didn't have to walk outside to take a shuttle to the gates Not Accurate! We stayed here for this reason because of traveling with our 3 year old and knew it was going to be -20 degrees! The restaurant bartender was the rudest man we have ever came across trying to get a beverage.... The gritty dirty bath tub was disgusting... We were put on the 9th floor next to fire escape... Constant slamming of the door to fire escape all night long! We had to be at the airport to checkin at 4:30am... So there wasn't a good nights rest like we were anticipating... Only good thing I can say about the hotel is the shuttle driver that went above and beyond to get our luggage to our car in the parking garage! Kudos to him! We always stay with SPG Hotels when traveling for business or pleasure... And after this experience we will continue to do so!

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bethann1974
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Good evening and thank you for taking time to share your concerns regarding your recent experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apology for the poor service you recieved in our restaurant, and the condition of your bath tub.
Both concerns have been addressed with our restaurant manager & housekeeping manager.
We hope to serve you agan at our hotel and to earn your your future business with Marriott International.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Other than the convenience to the airport, not much to recommend about this hotel. Rooms are small and tired. Mattresses soft. Service generally poor. My room was missing a luggage rack, had one towel for two people, and was BOILING HOT. When I called for two more towels, I was grilled by the "at your service" person why I needed two towels. I told him we were two people. He said: weren't there any towels in the room? I answered one. So he said: so you only need one towel. I explained I like two towels after my shower, after which he relented to send two towels. When engineering came to check why my room was a sweltering 73 degrees despite my setting the thermostat at 60, he said the hotel is "green" and therefore can't cool the rooms; he said there was nothing wrong with my system. He then offered me to change rooms. I questioned how that would help; are some rooms greener than others, I asked?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlackPlace

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
Please accept my personal apology for the frustration you experienced when requesting additional towels, and asssitance with the tepmerature in your guest room.
I have worked directly with our fornt office and engineering leaders to address the specific concerns you have shared.
We look forward toserving you again, and earning your future business.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel was extremely clean, the rate was reasonable and I walked to the terminal in minutes. The staff was courteous and is right across the street from the airport rental car facilities. The only negative if your walking to the terminal, is that if its cold outside it will take you approx 5 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Being in Philly during the infamous Polar Vortex I appreciated that I didn't have to walk outside to get to this hotel! Also (because of the PV), the place was fully booked, and there were tons of people hanging around the common areas. However, it was very comfortable for everyone, plus the restaurant and bar are quite large with good food and excellent service. The property itself is a little bit aged, but it seems well-kept and maintained with recent renovations. Planes, trains, and automobiles are steps away. I used miles to pay for my room and was surprised at how few were required. I overheard someone in the lobby discussing the dollar amount required, and I was surprised at how reasonable that was, too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business