“Exceeded expectations for an airport hotel”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Exceeded expectations for an airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for only one-night but the Marriott exceeded my expectations. My rate was discounted and I paid more ($200) for a room half the quality of this one in Switzerland. For one, I thought I would hear jet noise. There was none even though my room faced the main terminal and runway. The bed was fabulous and the main room and bath spotless. There is very little noise from the hallway as well. Great place for light sleepers.

The in-house restaurant was attractive, the wait staff attentive and nice, the food very good (I had the buffalo wings and a great, locally brewed IPA). Prices are about what you'd expect for a hotel of this kind (may be high for those who haven't been to Montreal, Zurich, London, etc.).

The spa is compact but has everything you need, including extra headphones, fresh fruit, towels, water, and hand sanitizer.

One of the best features is being able to walk right from the terminal along a connector and into the hotel. This saves much time.

My only gripes are having to pay $13.95 for daily wi-fi, which should be free, and calling to have my pants pressed, only to never get a call-back from the guy at the desk, who was going to check and see if they did that on a Sunday.

One other item that isn't Marriott's fault at all is a design flaw on the part of the airport. I rented a car from Dollar, which is across the street, and there's no pedestrian friendly way of getting there. You have to dodge cars. No bridge or sidewalk. Bad airport planning….

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Blaine, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I've taken to treating myself to a night at this Marriott if I have a morning flight, and it does not disappoint. The staff is very friendly, restaurant food is good, and the rooms feel luxurious. I spent the previous five nights at a sub-par motel, so this Marriott felt like heaven!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BonKirk
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Past week stayed @ PHL Airport Marriott for business travel (arriving PHL after midnight). To say the hotel is convenient to PHL is an understatement.

It is a traditional full service Marriott, including Concierge Lounge that is available for rooms on that floor as well as Marriott Gold/Platinum Members. I utilized breakfast and the options were nice, the staff was also very good.

In regard to the staff, they helped me get from Marriott to rental car location, they we very helpful and made my morning much easier!!

I would stay at PHL Marriott again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at the Philly Airport Marriott for 5 nights this last week. The bed was SO uncomfortable (room 702). When you moved you could hear and feel the springs in it. There were 4 pillows on the bed and every one of them was that squishy pillow that goes to nothing and no support when you lay on it for a minute. I did ask them to bring me normal pillows on the third night finally, but they forgot. I requested them at 6pm and had to call them at 11pm to remind them. Also, the bed set-up is the kind where they take a duvet and put sheets on either side of it instead of a duvet cover. This is the worst, because midway through the night you know that you're touching duvet and not sheet. Also, the cleaning staff never actually cleaned my room. They re-made the bed and folded towels, but the sinks were never cleaned that I could tell. Although maybe that's my fault for not getting all my toothpaste down the drain on the first go. ;-)

All that said, I will say that the staff at this hotel was exceptionally nice, which goes a long way with me. Mike (breakfast server) was great in the restaurant in the mornings. Kevin at the bar was awesome and clearly regulars all love him. I also had a run-in with a very nice manager who insisted on buying me a Coke Zero from the gift shop as they didn't have Coke products in the restaurant. When you're away from home, I think the best thing about a hotel can be if the staff is welcoming and recognizes you from day-to-day. They did that. Also, obviously, the hotel is very convenient. I also didn't have any trouble with the parking (which others have complained about)

Room Tip: Don't worry about airplane noise here. I didn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Good Evening,
Thank you for taking time to share your great experience regarding our hotel staff, especially our restaurant & lounge team. Please accept my apologies about the less than perfect experience with your guest room. Our housekeeping manager will be making the necessary corrections based on your feedback. We hope to see you again soon at our hotel.
Commack, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for the weekend 4/11/14. Check in time was 4pm but the room was not ready until 7pm. I was not the only one. No apologizes. There was always a line at the front desk so it was not easy to ask a simple question. Restaurant service was very slow. I found this hotel to be extremely unfriendly and would not stay again. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and the housekeeping staff was helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ligal_ny
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to acknowledge our Housekeepers & their clean guest rooms, and our convenient location. I do apologize for the delays you encountered upon check-in. I will be reviewing your observations with our Front Office Manager. Hope to see you again soon at our hotel.
Wuppertal, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I got to sped a free night at the airport Marriott due to an overseas flight cancelation. I was provided by the airline with a voucher for a free night and all meals - dinner, breakfast and lunch ( room service was included as well). The reception was okay - I guess this is a very busy place and you cannot expect too much personal attention. The room was nice, clean and the bed very comfortable. A bit noisy - not from the airport (the planes or traffic I could not hear at all) but the hallway. But overall comfy and a lot of space, including a nice seating area. I ordered room service in the evening - that was also okay. However, breakfast in the morning was something else. I was seated and told this is a buffet. The table - also ready for new guests, was not clean at all. They use placemats and my placemat was so sticky from honey or syrup it stuck to my arm. I was not offered any juice just coffee but the waitress stopped by numerous times mostly to explain all about tipps that she was willing to take in any currency. Now I do understand the tipping system in the US and how different it is from other countries but I thought this was a bit much. After all this was a buffet breakfast. I would have tipped anyway but to be pushed several times to leave a tipp ? So overall it was an okay stay and the room itself was more than just okay - but the service could improve.
I was taken back to the terminal in the afternoon by a friendly and helpful shuttle driver - I do want to mention the positives as well as the not quite so positives.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank monika_everywhere
Barry K, Director of Hotel Operations at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit with us. Great to hear that our Housekeeper ensured your guest room was clean & comfrtable, and that our Shuttle Driver was friendly & hospitable (both associates will be recognized for their performance!). Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable service during your breakfast.
Hope to see you again sooon at our hotel.
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Why stay here if you have to play $13.95 for internet? There is only one restaurant in the hotel and the food is average. While the hotel is connected to the airport, I had to take the shuttle bus to the E Terminal.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Barry K, Owner at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Good Evening,
Thank you for your note regarding your recent visit with us.
I apologize for the frustration with for paying for our internet.
As a reminder for future hotel needs, many of our hotel brands at Marriott International do provide complimentary internet...e.g. Courtyard, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites & Fairfield Inn.
Hope to see you again at our hotel.