“Perfect for a layover night”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect for a layover night”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is made for spending one night at the airport, is out of concourse B directly, don't get it wrong, if you have an early fligth this is your perfect option, do not expect anything more than a good bed, nice sized room and extremely close location to the airport. The food at the restaurant is horrible, the plates and silverware where dirty, do not eat here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jorge C
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Good Evening Jorge,
Thank you for taking time to share your views from your recent visit with us. While it was good to hear that our convenient airport location was a benefit to you, I was disappointed to hear that your restaurant experience was less than acceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies, and be assured our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef have made the necessary corrections to address your concern. We hope to serve you again when you return to Philadelphia.
Barry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Granted, being an airport-connected hotel gives a property the almost constitutional right to rip you off with a smile on the basis of the convenient and efficient location.
That is definitively the case here.

Rates are not cheap and you would expect at least reasonable service, good attitude and proper management. You do not get that at Marriott Philadelphia Airport hotel.

Due to lack of otherwise vacancy, I had to book a "runway view" room which comes at a 20 USD premium. I had a confirmed reservation, with king size bed confirmed, and guaranteed reservation.

When I reached my room, I discovered it was facing the motorway. I went down at reception inquiring about the glitch and was told in an impolite voice "so you want a rate adjustment ?"
Well, I guess yes !
Then I was explained that they did the downgrade as a "favor" to me because they had no more "runway facing KING size bedrooms" as I had booked. However they did take my money to guarantee the reservation for such room.
So basically they were unapologetic and made their resentment clear about my request to get the rate for the room I was given instead of the room I had booked but they could not get me...

Same kind of scenario for diner which I took at the RiverBed cafe. It was ok but for desert I ordered a chocolate torte supposed to come up with fresh raspberries. I actually ordered that dish because of the raspberries... I received a minuscule triangle of chocolate cake in the middle of a big empty plate. Inquiring about the whereabouts of the raspberries, I was told "we are running out of raspberries" and was shoved a bowl with a few horrid looking tired strawberries.
Desert went back to the kitchen.

I mean nothing dramatic, small details, but just the attitude of giving you less than what you pay for and be unhappy when you make them notice.

Now as for the room, it's basic, grim, noisy aircon, so-so bathroom with poor amenities (not even a bathrobe and a pair of slippers in a >220 USD Marriott room...

Oh and "of course", internet comes at a hefty supplement...

So, nothing to be excited about. I would recommend to stay away from this place unless you really need the practicality of being connected to airport terminal B for efficient access. To this extend their location is second to none.
But it should definitively give them the right to treat guests the way they do.
This property is certainly not helping Marriott to improve its brand image...

Room Tip: If yo are there just for the night, don't bother paying the extra rate for "runway view&quo...
1 Thank Asilux
Good Evening,
Thank you for sharing your concerns from your recent visit to our hotel, and your recognition of our extremely convenient airport location. Please accept our apologies regarding your guest room location. Our runway view rooms arevery popular, and we need to make sure all guaranteed requests these rooms are honored. I have shared your frustration about your dessert with our Executive Chef, and he has made the necessary corrections in the kitchen.
We hope to see you again when you return to Philadelphia.
Barry
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been a fan of the Marriott brand for a few years now, and have always loved the consistency in service. However, normally I stay at Courtyards rather than the regular brand Marriotts. I've always understood that Courtyards were supposed to be the "lesser" of the two.

BUT, the Courtyards always have provided free Wi-Fi and most of the time a free breakfast!

Needless to say, I was a bit surprised to see that Wi-Fi costed $14 a day! I've been told this is normal, but wow. Time to get with the times and provide coverage throughout the hotel like the rest of the modern world. As a matter of fact, upon check-out, my wife and I drove up to NYC to a Courtyard Marriott for the next week and were provided high-speed Wi-Fi FREE!!!

Other than that, we had a pleasant stay. The hotel staff were incredible as always and the convenience of the hotel was great. I was surprised that I didn't hear more airplanes considering how close we were to the airport!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is attached to the airport and the train stop that goes into the city. It was a very convenient location to stay at during a relative's U. Penn graduation, when hotels in the city are difficult to come by. The staff is nice and rooms are clean. The gym is adequate, but strangely built on top of the old pool. Also, my room was near the HVAC system that made a high pitched hum through the night. Ask for a room on a high floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the HVAC system
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Woodstock, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From check-in to check-out, all personnel were very courteous & helpful. The concierge was great with initial directions to local areas. Breakfast was nice too as I was able to be seated in a little nook area for privacy.

Room Tip: 4th floor & up for a nice view when you're having coffee & reading the newspaper in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We scheduled a workshop for our business at this hotel after staying at 13 other Marriotts in the USA only to say this was the worst service, follow thru on BEO and worst courtesy given to us anywhere. They really need to learn the Marriott way of Excellent Customer Service.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Good Evening,
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with your recent meeting at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the service shortfalls you may have experinced.
We will be touching base with your group's contact in order to address your shared concerns.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at this property many times this year and it is a good experience every time. The front desk crew is usually courteous and welcoming. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet and I always look forward to breakfast in their restaurant.