Philadelphia Airport Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,143 results
All reviewsphiladelphia airportan early flightrunway viewfront desksky bridgethe concierge loungenext morningrental caran overnight staywi fican't beat the locationeasy accessshuttle servicebed was comfortablestayed one nightconvenient locationparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was at the Marriott Airport in Philadelphia for a short, one day meeting. It was pouring rain. No worry - it's an easy walk by skyway from Terminal B straight to the hotel. That was also very useful at the end of the meeting, when I could walk to the gate in about 10 minutes (with TSA Pre-check). The room was very comfortable and attractive. I had some issues with the over-priced internet service (basically, it cut-out mid-evening), and they gave me a refund. It should have been part of the base cost of the room, but I think we're all used to annoyingly separated fees. I didn't go to the restaurant or exercise facility. We did use meeting rooms (fine), and were served three meals and snacks (all excellent buffet style food with nods to regional cuisine). I can recommended this as a great hotel for easy access and nice facility. I'd be happy to meet there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NCDoc
Reviewed 7 June 2014

staying while waiting for early morning flight- ideal since its at terminal b us air. get up, walk out and at ticking- the best idea for anyone with a first flight out- Hotel has been redone and is a nice upscale lobby- bar, restaurant- rooms are also newer but very small- king size bed takes up the entire space but the beds are nice and rooms are quiet- Location says it all and the hotel is very much up to current marriott standards.

Room Tip: room away from airport operations much better- its a busy major airport so there is noise anywhere you go-
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrem99
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is made for spending one night at the airport, is out of concourse B directly, don't get it wrong, if you have an early fligth this is your perfect option, do not expect anything more than a good bed, nice sized room and extremely close location to the airport. The food at the restaurant is horrible, the plates and silverware where dirty, do not eat here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jorge C
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Good Evening Jorge,
Thank you for taking time to share your views from your recent visit with us. While it was good to hear that our convenient airport location was a benefit to you, I was disappointed to hear that your restaurant experience was less than acceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies, and be assured our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef have made the necessary corrections to address your concern. We hope to serve you again when you return to Philadelphia.
Barry

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Granted, being an airport-connected hotel gives a property the almost constitutional right to rip you off with a smile on the basis of the convenient and efficient location.
That is definitively the case here.

Rates are not cheap and you would expect at least reasonable service, good attitude and proper management. You do not get that at Marriott Philadelphia Airport hotel.

Due to lack of otherwise vacancy, I had to book a "runway view" room which comes at a 20 USD premium. I had a confirmed reservation, with king size bed confirmed, and guaranteed reservation.

When I reached my room, I discovered it was facing the motorway. I went down at reception inquiring about the glitch and was told in an impolite voice "so you want a rate adjustment ?"
Well, I guess yes !
Then I was explained that they did the downgrade as a "favor" to me because they had no more "runway facing KING size bedrooms" as I had booked. However they did take my money to guarantee the reservation for such room.
So basically they were unapologetic and made their resentment clear about my request to get the rate for the room I was given instead of the room I had booked but they could not get me...

Same kind of scenario for diner which I took at the RiverBed cafe. It was ok but for desert I ordered a chocolate torte supposed to come up with fresh raspberries. I actually ordered that dish because of the raspberries... I received a minuscule triangle of chocolate cake in the middle of a big empty plate. Inquiring about the whereabouts of the raspberries, I was told "we are running out of raspberries" and was shoved a bowl with a few horrid looking tired strawberries.
Desert went back to the kitchen.

I mean nothing dramatic, small details, but just the attitude of giving you less than what you pay for and be unhappy when you make them notice.

Now as for the room, it's basic, grim, noisy aircon, so-so bathroom with poor amenities (not even a bathrobe and a pair of slippers in a >220 USD Marriott room...

Oh and "of course", internet comes at a hefty supplement...

So, nothing to be excited about. I would recommend to stay away from this place unless you really need the practicality of being connected to airport terminal B for efficient access. To this extend their location is second to none.
But it should definitively give them the right to treat guests the way they do.
This property is certainly not helping Marriott to improve its brand image...

Room Tip: If yo are there just for the night, don't bother paying the extra rate for "runway view". But if you do, make sure they just don't give you a regular room for the price of the upgraded one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Asilux

Good Evening,
Thank you for sharing your concerns from your recent visit to our hotel, and your recognition of our extremely convenient airport location. Please accept our apologies regarding your guest room location. Our runway view rooms arevery popular, and we need to make sure all guaranteed requests these rooms are honored. I have shared your frustration about your dessert with our Executive Chef, and he has made the necessary corrections in the kitchen.
We hope to see you again when you return to Philadelphia.
Barry

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been a fan of the Marriott brand for a few years now, and have always loved the consistency in service. However, normally I stay at Courtyards rather than the regular brand Marriotts. I've always understood that Courtyards were supposed to be the "lesser" of the two.

BUT, the Courtyards always have provided free Wi-Fi and most of the time a free breakfast!

Needless to say, I was a bit surprised to see that Wi-Fi costed $14 a day! I've been told this is normal, but wow. Time to get with the times and provide coverage throughout the hotel like the rest of the modern world. As a matter of fact, upon check-out, my wife and I drove up to NYC to a Courtyard Marriott for the next week and were provided high-speed Wi-Fi FREE!!!

Other than that, we had a pleasant stay. The hotel staff were incredible as always and the convenience of the hotel was great. I was surprised that I didn't hear more airplanes considering how close we were to the airport!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends