“Could not be any closer to the Philly airport”

Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
the sea ranch
“Could not be any closer to the Philly airport”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was dropped off by Hertz, walked to terminal B, up the steps and across the bridge to Marriott's lobby. Helpful reception desk, clean and quiet room on the 3rd floor. The reception desk people helped me print out my boarding pass too. Breakfast the next morning was good, so was the service. I will stay here again.

1 Thank steve s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am a frequent traveler and this is not one of the better Marriotts. The only positive is the location, if you need to be in and out near PHL. The fitness center is a joke, one of the worst I have ever seen ! The staff is not very helpful. I also left a pair of headphones on the desk and had just passed through security. I was gone for about 20 minutes... luckily, my colleague was still there and asked him to try to retrieve the headphones. Wow, did I get a run around from the front desk to security, all the way to the Dallas security office. Guess what, I never saw those headphones again. So don't plan on getting anything back that you may accidently leave in the room. The Dallas office even started invoking the Innkeeper law on me and offered a $200 gift voucher... no thanks I said. Be careful with your possessions around this staff at PHL Marriott. I am a Marriott Gold - but will go out of my way not to stay at this hotel again. JL

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff L
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Good Evening Jeff,
Please accept our apologies for the circumstances surrounding your missing head phones.
We will continue to search our hotel, and will report any findings to our offices in Dallas.
Thank you for your business, and we hope to regain your confidence in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

While many airports claim to have "airport hotels," there are not many in the US that have hotels connected to the terminal. Often it involves a shuttle to the so-called airport hotel. When you have an early flight those extra 20-30 minutes can mean the difference between having a quick breakfast on the property versus fending for yourself in the airport. I don't usually have high expectations of these locations as the main benefit is the proximity.

This property is actually among the nicest airport hotels I have seen. I've been stuck in Detroit, which has a nice Westin connected, and in Dallas which has the outstanding Grand Hyatt. This ranks as one of the nicer options.

What I was particularly impressed by was the staff who went out of their way to be nice and helpful. This was true of the front desk team, the restaurant staff and even the gift shop staff. All of them wonderful.

I did have a dinner in the restaurant during my stay and while it was not amazing it was certainly a passable hotel meal and did the trick. I like that Marriott as a rule does put some healthier options on their menus.

For airport access this hotel is really quite good. I've taken to booking connecting flights through one of the airports with a nice hotel just in case something goes wrong in transit (as it so often does). Can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Runway views are apparently a premium here but the standard rooms aren't terrible
2 Thank SFO-World-Traveller
Durham, NC
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was at the Marriott Airport in Philadelphia for a short, one day meeting. It was pouring rain. No worry - it's an easy walk by skyway from Terminal B straight to the hotel. That was also very useful at the end of the meeting, when I could walk to the gate in about 10 minutes (with TSA Pre-check). The room was very comfortable and attractive. I had some issues with the over-priced internet service (basically, it cut-out mid-evening), and they gave me a refund. It should have been part of the base cost of the room, but I think we're all used to annoyingly separated fees. I didn't go to the restaurant or exercise facility. We did use meeting rooms (fine), and were served three meals and snacks (all excellent buffet style food with nods to regional cuisine). I can recommended this as a great hotel for easy access and nice facility. I'd be happy to meet there again.

2 Thank NCDoc
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2014

staying while waiting for early morning flight- ideal since its at terminal b us air. get up, walk out and at ticking- the best idea for anyone with a first flight out- Hotel has been redone and is a nice upscale lobby- bar, restaurant- rooms are also newer but very small- king size bed takes up the entire space but the beds are nice and rooms are quiet- Location says it all and the hotel is very much up to current marriott standards.

Room Tip: room away from airport operations much better- its a busy major airport so there is noise anywhere y...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrem99
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is made for spending one night at the airport, is out of concourse B directly, don't get it wrong, if you have an early fligth this is your perfect option, do not expect anything more than a good bed, nice sized room and extremely close location to the airport. The food at the restaurant is horrible, the plates and silverware where dirty, do not eat here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jorge C
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Good Evening Jorge,
Thank you for taking time to share your views from your recent visit with us. While it was good to hear that our convenient airport location was a benefit to you, I was disappointed to hear that your restaurant experience was less than acceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies, and be assured our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef have made the necessary corrections to address your concern. We hope to serve you again when you return to Philadelphia.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Granted, being an airport-connected hotel gives a property the almost constitutional right to rip you off with a smile on the basis of the convenient and efficient location.
That is definitively the case here.

Rates are not cheap and you would expect at least reasonable service, good attitude and proper management. You do not get that at Marriott Philadelphia Airport hotel.

Due to lack of otherwise vacancy, I had to book a "runway view" room which comes at a 20 USD premium. I had a confirmed reservation, with king size bed confirmed, and guaranteed reservation.

When I reached my room, I discovered it was facing the motorway. I went down at reception inquiring about the glitch and was told in an impolite voice "so you want a rate adjustment ?"
Well, I guess yes !
Then I was explained that they did the downgrade as a "favor" to me because they had no more "runway facing KING size bedrooms" as I had booked. However they did take my money to guarantee the reservation for such room.
So basically they were unapologetic and made their resentment clear about my request to get the rate for the room I was given instead of the room I had booked but they could not get me...

Same kind of scenario for diner which I took at the RiverBed cafe. It was ok but for desert I ordered a chocolate torte supposed to come up with fresh raspberries. I actually ordered that dish because of the raspberries... I received a minuscule triangle of chocolate cake in the middle of a big empty plate. Inquiring about the whereabouts of the raspberries, I was told "we are running out of raspberries" and was shoved a bowl with a few horrid looking tired strawberries.
Desert went back to the kitchen.

I mean nothing dramatic, small details, but just the attitude of giving you less than what you pay for and be unhappy when you make them notice.

Now as for the room, it's basic, grim, noisy aircon, so-so bathroom with poor amenities (not even a bathrobe and a pair of slippers in a >220 USD Marriott room...

Oh and "of course", internet comes at a hefty supplement...

So, nothing to be excited about. I would recommend to stay away from this place unless you really need the practicality of being connected to airport terminal B for efficient access. To this extend their location is second to none.
But it should definitively give them the right to treat guests the way they do.
This property is certainly not helping Marriott to improve its brand image...

Room Tip: If yo are there just for the night, don't bother paying the extra rate for "runway view&quo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Asilux
Good Evening,
Thank you for sharing your concerns from your recent visit to our hotel, and your recognition of our extremely convenient airport location. Please accept our apologies regarding your guest room location. Our runway view rooms arevery popular, and we need to make sure all guaranteed requests these rooms are honored. I have shared your frustration about your dessert with our Executive Chef, and he has made the necessary corrections in the kitchen.
We hope to see you again when you return to Philadelphia.