This was a great pick for a hotel in center city Philadelphia. It's small but comfortable.
If you're not looking to spend a lot of time in your hotel room and don't have a lot of people traveling with you, then it's a perfect spot. There isn't too much going on in the hotel, it's extremely basic which I prefer personally. A double room has a sink in the bedroom, since the bathroom is too small to house one.
They have updated recently it seems, the fourth floor seems to be under construction at this time. I've seen mention of old tvs but our room had a new one. The construction did mean for an early morning on our last night since they started working and buzzing around 9AM.
Breakfast and vending machines are located in the basement, everything was reasonable for the over all cost of the stay. Standard mid-range hotel breakfast and snacks available.
You will be within walking distance of Reading Terminal Market and Love Park (JFK Plaza). Or you can catch a cheap cab to just about anywhere you want to go.
We stayed here while attending Flyers games, it's right near the train terminal but it's about a $20 cab ride from the Wells Fargo Center (which is located near all the other sports parks, so football or baseball games are just as easy to get to from this location).
The front desk is amazingly helpful, they'll help you out anyway possible. They called us cabs and assisted us in finding delivery when necessary.
It is located on the edge of Chinatown and there is a shelter next door, as two women vacationing and walking most places, we had absolutely no problems with the location.
I will certainly stay here again when in Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Philadelphia hotel has an ideal location, directly across the street from the Philadelphia Convention Center, and walking distance to many of the city's historic attractions. Our 100% smoke-free hotel in Philadelphia is ideal for business or pleasure travel, and you'll enjoy our sunny hospitality from our multilingual staff. Our comfortable guest rooms are equipped with coffee/tea maker, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and 32 inch flat screen HD televisions with premium cable channels. Local calls, Internet access, dry cleaning service and bottled water are complimentary for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Travelodge Hotel Philadelphia
- Travel Lodge Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Travelodge
- Philadelphia Travel Lodge