“Worst Stay of My Life!”

Ranked #71 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia
“Worst Stay of My Life!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed in Room 206. It is a basic room with a single queen bed. I just needed a place to lay my head for a night. Unfortunately, this hotel failed to meet that need. The room is linked to another room with a locked door. It has a window facing an interior hallway that has an opening looking down to the first floor. The noise from the first floor as well as from anyone in the 2nd floor and the adjacent room converges on this room making it impossible to sleep. Despite the close location to my event. The street in Philly is quieter than anything I experienced at this hotel. I have crossed this hotel off my list for any future stays in Philly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
New Orleans
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel is very convenient for conventions since it is just behind the convention center. However,

1. For a couple of nights, the wireless Internet was unusable.
2. The bill has a $1.50 per night charge for the safe in the room, but our safe was locked and never unlocked in spite of reporting it to the housekeeper. They took the charge off when I checked out. (I thought it was sneaky that you agree to the charge to check in, then have to ask to have it removed.)
3. The armchair was stained. Housekeeper replaced it with one that was less stained. That was the primary reason for my rating on cleanliness.
4. The breakfast was OK, but the first morning they had no hardboiled eggs, although they did the following 3 mornings.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Vaughan
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It is close to downtown center. Walking distance to major sites. The hotel building is adjacent to a local hospice, which some guests could mind this. It is difficult to get online during busy time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Philadelphia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I would give it one star because I didn't have a hot shower for days. I checked in on a Thursday and finally got a hot shower Saturday night. They were working on the problem like crazy trying to figure out why. I think I should have received a discount but it wasn't offered. However they were doing their best over and over. Once I got a hot shower I was happy. I stayed on the 5th floor with a sky light, so when the sun comes in the room just lights up. My room was a bit tiny but cute. My friends room was a bit bigger, so ask if you want a bigger room. Great service. Como breakfast. Not much but gives you something. 48 get around the corner from the convention center. Walking distance from a lot of places to eat and shop. Now it is near some homeless but was never approached and I walked back and forth from the convention center several times a day without a problem. Book with no problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family