“Hotel itself is reasonably good, but management is incompetent and Untrustworthy”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #72 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at the Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center several times and had no problems with the hotel itself considering the price and location. Rooms are clean. Internet works and the breakfast is acceptable. However, there is a HUGE problem with the competent of the management and their standards for customer service.

The problem occurred when I tried to stay there on business. The hotel DID NOT honor the rates I was quoted in advance on the telephone. This presented a problem because I had already paid in advance for my parking and the availability of rooms in downtown Philadelphia is quite limited. Basically I was stuck with this hotel.

I spoke to the local manager about this and was assured that the price would be adjusted (about $30) and a new receipt would be billed. I also needed them to change the billing on one of my 3 nights from my personal card to a corporate card. The management assured me before I left that this would be no problem and that a new receipt would be emailed to me. It never happened. After two weeks of of calling back multiple times and being stonewalled, I finally contacted the parent company Wyndham and got minimal satisfaction. They did reimburse the $30.00, but the real issue had become a matter of RESPECT and INTEGRITY. Wyndham was not able to explain the conduct of this local hotel that happens to fall under their family.

In summary -- When it comes to customer service this hotel simply provides lip service to its guests with no intention of following through.

I have since filed a complaint with the better business bureau.

For anyone staying at this hotel I recommend booking and paying for rooms in advance through Price-line or the similar website. DO NOT involve the management in any aspects of your stay unless you are looking for aggravation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A Peculiar Stay at Days Inn Philadelphia, highs and lows

I stayed at the Days Inn at the Convention Center. On consecutive days I stayed at two Days Inn so I have some basis for comparison.

Days Inn Philadelphia is located across the street from the Convention Center on quiet Race Street. Chinatown is three blocks east. I walked three blocks from the Bus Station. I waited two hours for my room.

During my stay I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the new location of the Barnes Foundation. Both are within walking distance.

My room has only a window to an interior courtyard and the glass is see-through so essentially there is no outside window view. The room is adequately furnished. There is no closet. The bed is okay. There is just a thin cotton blanket. The heater/air conditioning worked well.

Breakfast is included. In addition to juice, yogurt, cereal, bread, English muffin, hard cheese cubes, coffee, tea, milk, there is hard boiled eggs. Breakfast was the highlight of my stay.

The first evening of my stay there was torrential downpour. The local TV channels were full of stories of flooding. The manager on duty helped me order dinner delivery. The food was good!

There was internet included but it was unstable. It is not possible to unload even 40 megabyte files.

Now for an unfortunate incident. On my second day I put in laundry to be done, in time for the 9 am deadline. At 8 pm I inquired at the desk and was told my laundry has not been delivered but would be at 7 am the next morning. The next morning I inquired again at 7:30 am. The staff called and found that the laundry had not been done but would be returned by 8:15 am. I got my unwashed clothes back at 8:30 am and left.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2014

No hotel parking have to park a block or farther away in a garage or unattended lot & PAY $32 a day! Was never informed this by the hotel even after calling to confirm & get important details! Vagrants outside hotel doors not safe hotel doors locked at 9pm because it is not safe. Called expedia to have us placed in safer location was recited hotel policy repeatedly that I couldn't change my reservation. We checked out after only being there for an hour. Doubt we will ever get our $700 back. Just greatful we didnt have our 4 children with us. We drove the 1200 miles back to Missouri. I work for a hotel & have worked for a Days Inn before never have I ever encountered such a lack of customer safety or satisfaction!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel located in a quiet part of the city, but convenient to all attractions. Surrounding area was safe and tidy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was extremely disappointed to find that our room was not IN the actual hotel (#102) but instead the door to our room was actually in the lobby so we could CLEARLY hear every conversation at the front desk and anyone entering or exiting the hotel. Both gentlemen at the front desk were very very nice and professional but apparently not empowered to correct the situation when I asked to be moved to a different room - the hotel was not sold out. We did later get moved but only when our keys didn't work ( luckily we were of course standing only a few feet from the front desk staff ) and the lock had to be fixed with tools that apparently are on hand since it has been a recurring problem. On the plus side our second room was fine for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not assigned room 102
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family