I have stayed at the Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center several times and had no problems with the hotel itself considering the price and location. Rooms are clean. Internet works and the breakfast is acceptable. However, there is a HUGE problem with the competent of the management and their standards for customer service.
The problem occurred when I tried to stay there on business. The hotel DID NOT honor the rates I was quoted in advance on the telephone. This presented a problem because I had already paid in advance for my parking and the availability of rooms in downtown Philadelphia is quite limited. Basically I was stuck with this hotel.
I spoke to the local manager about this and was assured that the price would be adjusted (about $30) and a new receipt would be billed. I also needed them to change the billing on one of my 3 nights from my personal card to a corporate card. The management assured me before I left that this would be no problem and that a new receipt would be emailed to me. It never happened. After two weeks of of calling back multiple times and being stonewalled, I finally contacted the parent company Wyndham and got minimal satisfaction. They did reimburse the $30.00, but the real issue had become a matter of RESPECT and INTEGRITY. Wyndham was not able to explain the conduct of this local hotel that happens to fall under their family.
In summary -- When it comes to customer service this hotel simply provides lip service to its guests with no intention of following through.
I have since filed a complaint with the better business bureau.
For anyone staying at this hotel I recommend booking and paying for rooms in advance through Price-line or the similar website. DO NOT involve the management in any aspects of your stay unless you are looking for aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Philadelphia hotel has an ideal location, directly across the street from the Philadelphia Convention Center, and walking distance to many of the city's historic attractions. Our 100% smoke-free hotel in Philadelphia is ideal for business or pleasure travel, and you'll enjoy our sunny hospitality from our multilingual staff. Our comfortable guest rooms are equipped with coffee/tea maker, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and 32 inch flat screen HD televisions with premium cable channels. Local calls, Internet access, dry cleaning service and bottled water are complimentary for our guests. Self-parking is located a block away for $20 a day. Upon check-in, a hold of $50-100 will be authorized and reimbursed if not used. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Travelodge Hotel Philadelphia
- Travel Lodge Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Travel Lodge
- Philadelphia Travelodge