“Philadelphia” 3 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Philadelphia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

People hanging around the front of the hotel did not add to a feeling of security. With the hospice and soup kitchen next door there were homeless on the street at all hours. Again did not add to a feeling of security.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kenny L, Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
We appreciate your time in sharing this review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel safe during your most recent stay with us, and I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests very seriously. Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we are confronting issue that you mentioned to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am an international union representative and travel quite frequently. I've stayed at the Days Inn in multiple states and the experience wasalways fine. My recent stay at the Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center was terrible!!! The air conditioner was not functioning properly, the temperature was 79 degrees in the room. I requested that my room be changed, they offered me another room which I checked out and the air conditioner was not working properly in that room either. I called the front desk requesting maintenance come to my room. I waited a half hour and went looking for him myself and found him and informed him of my room situation. The maintenance employee removed the filter from the ac unit and there was 2 inches of dust on it. He replace the filter and assured me the room will be cool in 2 hours. I left for a meeting and came back 3 hours later and the room still registered at 79 degrees. I called the front desk and asked to be moved, she was very curt with me and informed me that the air conditioner is working fine and I cannot be moved to another room. In the extreme heat, I was unable to sleep all night and was very disappointed with the staff and how I was treated.

I have pictures of the thermostat showing the temperature that I placed it on 55 degrees and what the room registered 79 degrees.

Uncomfortably yours,
James Napolitano

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and we sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered with housekeeping and maintenance. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring this matter to our attention.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel was fine. Economy hotel for sure. Next to shelter for homeless men. The nice lady called a taxi for me and 40 minutes later I was roaming the streets looking for a taxi. I don't recommend Philadelphia at all.

1 Thank Ian T
I am very sorry to learn that you found our location to be inconvenient and our service to be lacking. It is our primary aim to give you a five star experience and it is disheartening to hear that this is not the impression we left you with. We hope to see you again and that you'll finally be truly impressed with our improvements.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was a small room, but it was only myself who stayed there so it wasn't a big deal. The room was clean, the service was great, there were no bugs, nice continental breakfast, so overall the stay was a success.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant experience. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Aside from the location, this place is pretty bad.
The room has a cheap feeling; the bed, sheets, pillows, etc. all feel cheap.
The worst part for me were the cleaning products used. I was up all night coughing and sneezing because of what they use in the room. I had no allergies prior to getting in the room, and no allergies immediately after I left the room, but while I was in the room, I could barely sleep.

Also, the rooms have windows that face IN to the hallways, so people walking by can look into your room; not exactly sure what genius designed that.

Room Tip: Decent choice for a crash pad, but not much else.