“Days Inn”

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #70 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The staff was nice. The rooms are very small. Very. Small. I made the mistake of booking this hotel through expedia. My plans changed unexpectedly and I asked if I would be able to check out one night early and receive a refund. I had to call expedia first. I called expedia and was told that they would speak to the hotel and see if the hotel would accommodate my request. The manager would not be in the hotel until 11:30, so I was told to call the hotel after an hour and speak directly with the manager. The manager would not honor my request.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you are 100% sure of the length of your stay. They are not flexible. I have worked in hotels before and most pride themselves on their hospitality and willingness to work with their guests and accommodate their needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kenny L, Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We hope to see you again in the future and to impress you with the improvements we've made.
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful, always had a smile. They held my suitcase when I arrived too early to check in, and again when I checked out since I was going to be at a conference all day. My room was very small, but it was clean and had the usual items. My only complaint about the room is that it was on the first floor, and it was quite loud - I could hear the baby crying in the next room every evening, people up and down the hall, the staff knocking on doors, etc. (good thing I brought ear plugs!) The continental breakfast was okay - not a lot of choices and it was the same everyday. It would have been nice to have more variety (more fruit, changing the types of muffins/pastries, maybe a waffle maker) but it was adequate. There was coffee, tea and lemon water available in the lobby all day, which was a nice touch. The hotel was very convenient to the convention center and center city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I also want to apologize for the loud noises from the hallway that disturbed your sleep. We will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to your next visit.
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

There was some difficulty checking in because I charged the room for my grandsons, and I didn't accompany them. However, NABRIA handled it beautifully. Not only was she checking people in during a huge convention, she was the one who answered the phone when I called. I was so surprised she was juggling everything.. and extremely gracious and uncomplaining. Give her a raise!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We want to apologize for the issues that you experienced, though we are very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make sure that it was promptly addressed and that you were still able to enjoy your stay. We want you to feel like family and if our staff is making you feel this welcomed and at home, then we know we're doing our job! Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed there for 2 days and when I first came in, the sink had hair and blood in it from the previous occupant. I asked for the sink to be cleaned and they charged me $100 for cleaning. AWFUL PLACE!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul C
I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

OK for the value, staff was friendly, breakfast was fine. Rooms were small and the location/exterior not real pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with the location of our hotel. Your comments are important to us as we continuously seek ways to improve upon the guest experience in our hotel. We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon