Never have I found the staff so rude, an unclean room, and a neighborhood that is questionable at best.
Upon check-in, the staff was apparently doing me a favor. There was no smile, not a "Welcome," nor anything else that made me feel comfortable. I had a fair amount of luggage as well. It would have been nice to have either a bell hop or even a cart to help me, but nothing was offered.
Next, I was given a double room while being promised a king room. I was so angry at this point, I decided to press it, and demand what I paid for. After doing me another "Favor," I was given what I asked and paid for.
When I got to my room, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my comforter. I was both exhausted and disguasted by this point, so I took it off, turned up the heat, and went to bed. I noticed in the morning that there was a sticky substance on one of the bedside tables. Both of these are unacceptable in a one star hotel. In something with the Sheraton name, it is completely unacceptable.
Within one block of the hotel is a methadone clinic and a homeless shelter. Both of these services are important, however, I am unsure if it's good that close to a hotel. I was up early, and was looking for a place for breakfast in the neighborhood. I walked up to Broad St. and looked for a coffee shop or something. There was nothing, and ended up eating at Handeman Hospital. BTW, breakfast at the hospital cafeteria wasn't so bad.
I will not return to this hotel for anything. Had the staff been good, kind, or even mildly friendly, or the room clean, or anything about this hotel okay, I would have given it another star. Next time I'll stay in a lesser hotel up the street (Days Inn; Hampton Inn) and at least get a free breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the heart of Philadelphia, Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center offers comfortable accommodations, and is just a short walk from the Strayer University. This three-star hotel features a state of the art fitness center for guests to work out effectively. All rooms are smoke-free and fully air-conditioned. Each is equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels, coffee and tea making facilities, and a private bathroom with designer toiletries. The hotel’s business center offers fax and photocopying services. Free Wi-Fi connection is available throughout. In addition, a gift shop and a 24-hour front desk are found on-site. Cherry Lounge and Restaurant serves American classics and comfort foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Furthermore, there are other dining options just within walking distance. Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center is within a ten-minute walk from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Liberty Bell Center is two kilometers away. Self-parking is located a block away for $29 a day or for $34 with in/out privileges. Upon check-in, a $35 hold will be authorized on your credit card and reimbursed if not used. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Hotel Philadelphia
- 4 Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
- Four Points Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Points