Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
US$263
US$208
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreading terminal marketwithin walking distancewalk in showerconvenient locationbig citylight sleeperindependence hallwould stay againbed was very comfortableenjoyed my staycorner roomdesk clerkthe room was niceliberty bellchinatownblockparking
Reviewed 10 March 2014

In town for one night and used PRICELINE half price to book a hotel room which turned out to be Four Points. Reading the reviews, I was nervous that I would be disappointed by this hotel. SURPRISE! The room was great with plenty of hooks for hanging gear and a large entryway for stashing our suitcases. Close to 95 for a jaunt to our favorite restaurant Memphis Taproom and a one-block walk to the Reading Terminal Market, our favorite place to go exploring. Even found street parking for a few dollars in the meter. The staff was helpful and welcoming. We would return here gladly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoupleExplorers
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Never have I found the staff so rude, an unclean room, and a neighborhood that is questionable at best.

Upon check-in, the staff was apparently doing me a favor. There was no smile, not a "Welcome," nor anything else that made me feel comfortable. I had a fair amount of luggage as well. It would have been nice to have either a bell hop or even a cart to help me, but nothing was offered.
Next, I was given a double room while being promised a king room. I was so angry at this point, I decided to press it, and demand what I paid for. After doing me another "Favor," I was given what I asked and paid for.

When I got to my room, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my comforter. I was both exhausted and disguasted by this point, so I took it off, turned up the heat, and went to bed. I noticed in the morning that there was a sticky substance on one of the bedside tables. Both of these are unacceptable in a one star hotel. In something with the Sheraton name, it is completely unacceptable.

Within one block of the hotel is a methadone clinic and a homeless shelter. Both of these services are important, however, I am unsure if it's good that close to a hotel. I was up early, and was looking for a place for breakfast in the neighborhood. I walked up to Broad St. and looked for a coffee shop or something. There was nothing, and ended up eating at Handeman Hospital. BTW, breakfast at the hospital cafeteria wasn't so bad.

I will not return to this hotel for anything. Had the staff been good, kind, or even mildly friendly, or the room clean, or anything about this hotel okay, I would have given it another star. Next time I'll stay in a lesser hotel up the street (Days Inn; Hampton Inn) and at least get a free breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Four Points is a reasonably priced hotel located convenient to the Convention Center, The Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown. It's been a year since my last visit and there have been a few changes; First, the rooms have been renovated, and while still average size for any downtown metropolitan hotel, the amenities are adequate and the the heating and A/C units are quiet and efficient. Secondly, the hotel no longer offers valet parking. There is a parking lot directly across the street, and as one reviewer mentioned it is a bit pricey at $32 per day. However, there is another lot one block below the hotel on 12th street that is only $20 per day. Happily one thing has not changed and that is the outstanding and friendly service of the hotel staff. Ms. Rhonda Jones is a superstar and she is truly dedicated to her guest's satisfaction. Free bottled water is provided daily, and the beds are super comfortable. We'll gladly return to this convenient downtown location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th floor are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fishboy555
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a perfectly fine budget hotel for the convention crowd, located less than a block away from the convention centre itself. However, I noticed that it was priced about the same as other hotels that also cater to this group of travelers and offer much more in amenities. Do your research, especially if things like a separate business center, lounge, exercise room, etc. are important to you.

In addition, my room was always cold even with the (rather loud) heater running almost constantly. Yes, it was cold in Philadelphia the week I was there but the second hotel I stayed at on this trip didn't seem to have the same heating issue.

And finally, I had to re-enter the long, cryptic wifi code every single time I used it (this doesn't seem to happen at the higher rated (but similarly priced) hotels that I worked out of during this business trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tara S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Valuable guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We will address the issues you have mentioned in your review to better serve our guests.

Hope you will give us another chance to prove our good services.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I found this hotel as a last minute alternative for the NSCAA convention. This hotel was perfectly positioned for the convention center. The best thing about this hotel is the staff who literally cannot do enough for you, they were all helpful with any query or problem I had.
The room was very comfortable although I would have liked a bit more of a 'view', the room I was allocated had a tiny window at the top of the outside wall so i rarely saw daylight, however room availability is at a premium for this conference so it wasn't too much of a hassle.
I was provided with a fridge at no extra charge and their 'Green Option' is a great idea where you elect not to have your towels, etc. changed for a night and you get a $5 credit to use either in their restaurant or towards their rewards program - Brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, there isn't much of a view but you'll be better off and it's less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business