“Free beer on Thursdays. Stumbling distance from everything.”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Philly can be a tricky place to find reasonable hotel rooms during certain times of the month.

This was my second stay here in two years. I booked on Orbitz and it was reasonable for the one night I could find under 175$. Staff are very friendly.

This hotel is immediately beside the Conference Centre. It is a 2 minute walk to the Reading Market where you'll find cheap eats and bustle. You are at the edge of Chinatown. I highly recommend Nan Zhou Noodle House on Race St.. Cheap, delicious and also a two-minute walk. When you're ready to split, simply head down Race street to 8th and get on the freeway.

Parking is directly across the street (big lot) but is not free. 28$ for 24 hours. It's reasonable. Do this.

Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 the management hosts a happy-hour in the hotel restaurant that has FREE beer (local lager) and appetizers (pulled pork and chicken wings). I repeat, FREE. Bring singles ($) for your server and do some damage in 60-minutes.

The rooms are small, shower only. My partner wasn't impressed with the cleanliness but I thought it acceptable. There are club member floors, but these are average at best. Lobby has public computers ready to go and a small but charming seating area.

Free-wifi. Reasonable speed on the 7th floor.

If you can get this property for cheap, stay here, see Philly, stumble happily back. Ideally on a Thursday between the hours of 5:30-6:30.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the parking lot so you can keep an eye on your car!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stu_W1

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I just wanted to thank the staff of the Four Points for a great experience this past weekend. Myt husband and I came in for the weekend to run the Half Marathon and were overwhelmed by the helpful staff, thoughtful touches and overall great service provided by the property. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff could not have been more welcoming and accomodating. I will use this hotel for future stays when I visit Philadelphia in the future. Thank you!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed one night for the ancestry convention and had a very good experience at this hotel. Upon arrival the staff welcomed me and provided excellent customer service. Every staff member I came across during my stay greeted me and wished me a good day. The room was clean, with plenty of space and storage and the bed was comfortable. I was able to park out front and unload my car (I didn't need help but it was offered) and was given several options for nearby parking. I decided to park about 3 blocks away on Callowhill St. for $6.50 a day. Everything I was looking for was within walking distance. The convention center was across the street, Reading Market 2 blocks away and the historic society within 10 minutes. I felt safe walking around the area and noticed there was actually a police station around the block. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel is reasonable priced, rooms are immaculate, bed is great and you can't beat the location if you are attending an event at the convention center. The center is in the next block. The feature that keeps me from giving it an excellent is lack of parking. You unload your car at 12th street entrance and then move your car to parking lot across the street. They used to have valet parking but no more. Hotel is right next to China town so easy walk to many restaurants as well as Reading Market with lots of food vendors as well as other shops. Short walk to city hall square and more restaurants. All the staff we have met over the years are friendly and helpful.

2  Thank LeverettGirl
Reviewed 10 March 2014

In town for one night and used PRICELINE half price to book a hotel room which turned out to be Four Points. Reading the reviews, I was nervous that I would be disappointed by this hotel. SURPRISE! The room was great with plenty of hooks for hanging gear and a large entryway for stashing our suitcases. Close to 95 for a jaunt to our favorite restaurant Memphis Taproom and a one-block walk to the Reading Terminal Market, our favorite place to go exploring. Even found street parking for a few dollars in the meter. The staff was helpful and welcoming. We would return here gladly.

1  Thank CoupleExplorers
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Never have I found the staff so rude, an unclean room, and a neighborhood that is questionable at best.

Upon check-in, the staff was apparently doing me a favor. There was no smile, not a "Welcome," nor anything else that made me feel comfortable. I had a fair amount of luggage as well. It would have been nice to have either a bell hop or even a cart to help me, but nothing was offered.
Next, I was given a double room while being promised a king room. I was so angry at this point, I decided to press it, and demand what I paid for. After doing me another "Favor," I was given what I asked and paid for.

When I got to my room, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my comforter. I was both exhausted and disguasted by this point, so I took it off, turned up the heat, and went to bed. I noticed in the morning that there was a sticky substance on one of the bedside tables. Both of these are unacceptable in a one star hotel. In something with the Sheraton name, it is completely unacceptable.

Within one block of the hotel is a methadone clinic and a homeless shelter. Both of these services are important, however, I am unsure if it's good that close to a hotel. I was up early, and was looking for a place for breakfast in the neighborhood. I walked up to Broad St. and looked for a coffee shop or something. There was nothing, and ended up eating at Handeman Hospital. BTW, breakfast at the hospital cafeteria wasn't so bad.

I will not return to this hotel for anything. Had the staff been good, kind, or even mildly friendly, or the room clean, or anything about this hotel okay, I would have given it another star. Next time I'll stay in a lesser hotel up the street (Days Inn; Hampton Inn) and at least get a free breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Four Points is a reasonably priced hotel located convenient to the Convention Center, The Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown. It's been a year since my last visit and there have been a few changes; First, the rooms have been renovated, and while still average size for any downtown metropolitan hotel, the amenities are adequate and the the heating and A/C units are quiet and efficient. Secondly, the hotel no longer offers valet parking. There is a parking lot directly across the street, and as one reviewer mentioned it is a bit pricey at $32 per day. However, there is another lot one block below the hotel on 12th street that is only $20 per day. Happily one thing has not changed and that is the outstanding and friendly service of the hotel staff. Ms. Rhonda Jones is a superstar and she is truly dedicated to her guest's satisfaction. Free bottled water is provided daily, and the beds are super comfortable. We'll gladly return to this convenient downtown location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th floor are very quiet.
1  Thank Fishboy555