“Tiny rooms, poor service”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Tiny rooms, poor service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was booked here for a convention. The room was not available until 4, and the lobby consists of 4 chairs and 2 benches, so there were many people sitting/standing around. The room was very small, and the bed was really uncomfortable. My first full day there, no one serviced the room. The restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner, but did supply food for our meetings. It wasn't good. The neighborhood is sketchy. Although it claims to be adjacent to convention center, it is behind it where there are no entrances. A soup kitchen is a block away, and I passed a strip club just 3 or 4 blocks away, with the door open so all could see, as I returned in a cab one night. There are no cabs there, and calling one doesn't seem to bring any. You have to walk up to the cross street and try to hail one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WorkingMom23
Tara S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We will address the issues you have mentioned in your survey to better assist our guests. Hope you will give us another chance to better serve you.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We have been in this hotel for a family trip. The hotel is very conveniently located. It is really closed to the convention center so it is a good choice if you are heading there. Our room was at the corner and it was not very spacious. The is a restaurant in the hotel but does have a pretty limited offer. The price is convenient and the major attractions are not too far.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vittoria5768
Chicago
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located walking distance from the SEPTA station, the convention center and Reading Terminal Market. The customer service is exemplary, rooms are clean had they have free wifi. Perfect for business or tourism.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel has a great Location, very nice and central, parking was reasonable and then we just walked everywhere and anywhere we wanted. Minutes from Great shopping, History, Parks, fantastic restaurants and bars. Staff was very nice and helpful. Hotel was clean, well kept, and well updated. (sorry if this sounds picky) but at the same time nothing outstandingly special. We had a fantastic deal on Hotwire and for that price it was perfect. But I do not know that I would pay regular price, which for the one night we were going to stay because it was about $200 per night. For that i would have expected more. So if you can get a deal, it is definitely a great location, clean, and worth the stay. A few little notes on the rooms. The beds are nice and firm, lots of storage, clean and the bathrooms are a very nice size. The only downside was, that the walls are a little thin. We at one point could hear the average volume conversations of the people in the next room, but it seems as though we had different schedules for our days that it was not a bother and worked out fine. But we do our best to be courteous to others so it made for a very quiet overnight on our end as not to bother anyone. Felt as though we needed to whisper when we knew our neighbors were around. But I would not let this deter you. It was a nice quiet stay and the location was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clogan0304
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Philly can be a tricky place to find reasonable hotel rooms during certain times of the month.

This was my second stay here in two years. I booked on Orbitz and it was reasonable for the one night I could find under 175$. Staff are very friendly.

This hotel is immediately beside the Conference Centre. It is a 2 minute walk to the Reading Market where you'll find cheap eats and bustle. You are at the edge of Chinatown. I highly recommend Nan Zhou Noodle House on Race St.. Cheap, delicious and also a two-minute walk. When you're ready to split, simply head down Race street to 8th and get on the freeway.

Parking is directly across the street (big lot) but is not free. 28$ for 24 hours. It's reasonable. Do this.

Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 the management hosts a happy-hour in the hotel restaurant that has FREE beer (local lager) and appetizers (pulled pork and chicken wings). I repeat, FREE. Bring singles ($) for your server and do some damage in 60-minutes.

The rooms are small, shower only. My partner wasn't impressed with the cleanliness but I thought it acceptable. There are club member floors, but these are average at best. Lobby has public computers ready to go and a small but charming seating area.

Free-wifi. Reasonable speed on the 7th floor.

If you can get this property for cheap, stay here, see Philly, stumble happily back. Ideally on a Thursday between the hours of 5:30-6:30.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the parking lot so you can keep an eye on your car!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stu_W1
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I just wanted to thank the staff of the Four Points for a great experience this past weekend. Myt husband and I came in for the weekend to run the Half Marathon and were overwhelmed by the helpful staff, thoughtful touches and overall great service provided by the property. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff could not have been more welcoming and accomodating. I will use this hotel for future stays when I visit Philadelphia in the future. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Villas, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed one night for the ancestry convention and had a very good experience at this hotel. Upon arrival the staff welcomed me and provided excellent customer service. Every staff member I came across during my stay greeted me and wished me a good day. The room was clean, with plenty of space and storage and the bed was comfortable. I was able to park out front and unload my car (I didn't need help but it was offered) and was given several options for nearby parking. I decided to park about 3 blocks away on Callowhill St. for $6.50 a day. Everything I was looking for was within walking distance. The convention center was across the street, Reading Market 2 blocks away and the historic society within 10 minutes. I felt safe walking around the area and noticed there was actually a police station around the block. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo