“A taste of Paris in Philadelphia”
Review of Bistrot La Minette

Bistrot La Minette
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot La Minette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Bainbridge
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just what we were looking for! A delightful bistro in Philadelphia. The decor is authentic as is the menu. Classic Parisian service (efficient) and wine list. Would definitely return.

1  Thank kkovach
There are newer reviews for Bistrot La Minette

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place has to be one of the best French restaurants in the city. We have been twice, once for a sadly now defunct movie-night in the garden, and the other time for a prix-fixe picnic menu for Bastille Day. We have always been super happy about the menu choices, presentation, and pricing. Come for a dinner with friends, or for a romantic dinner for two. And their house wine is really good for the price, so take advantage of a carafe.

1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Have eaten in many restaurants in many countries as you might see from my reviews. Including those in France - and Bistrot La Minette is a fabulous bistro - and wish it was in my neighborhood and could go frequently.

Friendly service and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Great food. Nice wine choice.

Good cocktails using decent ingredients - we had a classic kir and one made with peach. lovely start to a summer evening meal

Had a simple green salad to start. Was so fresh and delicately dressed; a complete delight. For entree my partner had the rabbit and I had chicken. Both were excellent. And the tarte tatin for dessert was a lovely finish to the meal

1  Thank MikeBirdman
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My first time here, went with 2 friends who had been there often. Really, everything was excellent! We all had something different and we tasted each other's dishes. The salad I ordered was simple, but amazing flavor and freshness. We had the fluke (awesome), the scallops (tender and delicious) and the steak (it reminded me of the one I had last year at the bistro near the Eiffel Tower in Paris!) Wine selections were very good too. The service was exceptional, not overly bearing but available as needed. As a matter of fact, my friend left her glasses and cell phone on the table and the waitress ran after us down the block to give them to us. What else can I say?

1  Thank Isi1234
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very interesting. We were in France last summer. Funny thing is, we couldn't find good, classic French Bistro food, no matter where we went. Yes we searched in Paris (bistro-nada, other cuisines were plentiful) , Angouleme (shoe leather, tough steaks), La Roche-Posay (the town), Poitiers, Montpellier, Colmar and Strasbourg. Ok, I'll give you that we didn't search the whole country, every restaurant. But it is much harder to find than say 10 or 20 years ago. Little did we know, all we had to do was to go to Philadelphia. It was a much cheaper, shorter flight and that speak English. We were very pleased with our meals, which were authentic French bistro. If this restaurant were in my neighborhood, I can assure you we would frequent this restaurant often.