This hotel is in an excellent location. It is walking distance to the convention center, Reading Market, Liberty Bell, and most historical sites. It is also walking distance to many great restaurants and bars.
The hotel has no restaurant but does serve breakfast and snacks. The continental breakfast was good and included bagels, good local pastries, cereal, and fruit. And the breakfast hours were very convenient, and breakfast was open late on weekends. The snacks were the pastries from breakfast and fruit which was a really nice touch.
The rooms and bathrooms are on the small side but well designed, so that there is a closet and small fold out desk. Most historic hotels in older buildings have smaller rooms, so that is to be expected. There is free wifi in the rooms which is nice. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable.
The staff is very friendly and helpful with recommending all sorts of restaurants and places to go see. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm back in Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia