I work for the fed govt and had to travel to Philly. At first I couldn't find anything at a decent hotel (Loew's, Doubletree, Marriott, etc) for the per diem I am allowed, and I was resigned to having to come out of pocket to stay somewhere safe and decent. Then I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It was rated #3, but it should be rated #1! It's supposed to be a "boutique" hotel (translation - rooms no bigger than a closet), but my room was very spacious (I had King room on the 7th floor), and well-appointed with a good sized, immaculately-clean bathroom. The bed was firm but very comfy, and the service - from my first call to the hotel to make reservations to the time I checked out, was gracious and welcoming. Lots of places in the hotel to just sit and relax (the Great Room), and lots of places in the neighborhood to eat and/or relax over a cocktail. All this and it was within the govt per diem!
If I return to Philly - either for work or play - I will definitely stay at the Alexander Inn. It is a beautiful little gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia