The Alexander Inn in Center City Philadelphia, USA offers travelers of all-likes (from stylish gay men staying to be near the nightlife tucked into the historic district, business travelers in the know, and friends and family with young children) an unbeatable location to make meetings or explore the immediate surroundings (a neighborhood with plenty of dining options, unique shops, and a nightlife and entertainment scene that is world class).
The historic structure is kept meticulously clean, and it is very apparent that the management team has invested in updating and maintaining the property to meet the highest of expectations.
The welcome was very warm and the GM John Crochi even offered advice in finding current deals for the wardrobe items I was needing to find quickly.
The halls are lined with historic images that offer further understanding of the neighborhood and city of Philadelphia's contributions to American Culture, much less the founding of the Country.
The room offered a bay window with unbeatable view. The furniture was kept in immaculate condition, and the red/gold bedspread with matching bolsters added a warm elegance to the guest room.
The bed was very comfortable and the alarm clock was easily adjusted (often a challenge).
The in-room air conditioner was unobtrusively located and sure would be fine seasonally. Given the cold temperatures of the day, the heating did the best it could, and I was not able to find a way to adjust higher.
The bathroom offered a perfectly hot and strong shower, guest amenities where higher quality, and attention to housekeeping detail was evident.
A continental breakfast was offered as well as a 24 hour gym (which I didn't use). Anyone who would like the authenticity of experiencing Philadelphia as a local, with the assurance of modern comfort and warm hospitality, The Alexander Inn can not be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia