I'm giving five stars to the Alexander Inn for its winning combination of quality and value. For the price, the gracious (not fussy, not precious) ambiance of the place -- all warm browns, tans and crimsons; comfortable bed and spacious room; friendly but noninvasive staff; decent if not stellar breakfast; and trendy neighborhood (now with the stellar vegan restaurant Vedge) can't be beat! Just a few minor quibbles: the bedsheets smelled strongly of bleach, the bedside lamp was not adjustable for reading, and the TV in the breakfast room was annoying. Still, these are noted mostly to help you see that I'm paying attention. After this weekend's stay, we're more likely than ever to consider a weekend jaunt to Philly with a stay at the Alexander in every season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia