I had to go to Philadelphia to spend time with a person in the University of Pennsylvania Hospital. Most prices downtown were ridiculous. This was a great price and not that expensive (around $10) for a taxi. I was at the hospital most of the time but wished I could have hung out in my room a lot more.
First, a hint....there is a place on the right side of the one way street that is their place to park while registering and unloading luggage. The parking garage is about two blocks away and costs.
The lobby is comfortable and warm, and the eating area is filled with comfortable chairs.The breakfast had a lot of good options...bagels and pastries, cereal, including granola, hard boiled eggs, juice, yogurt. I was impressed to find both skim milk and low fat cream cheese. The server was very attentive.
My room was small, with a queen bed, but very well thought out. Everything was there, even an ironing board and iron in a tiny closet. I loved the design of tile work in the bathroom, which made it seem larger. The shower was quite large and good water pressure. My husband, who is very particular about his showers and this one would have made him quite happy!
I used the work out room, which had enough equipment for me.
Again, the staff was really friendly, and very helpful. They had to call for a taxi for me several times in the icy, rainy weather and offered me an umbrella.
To show you the attention to detail, the owner was riding the elevator with a repair man when I got on, because he thought the elevator was stopping just a half inch or less below the floors and someone might trip or fall due to the unevenness.
There was a lot of night life around, easy access to restaurants, but the street itself was quite quiet.
I want to return and just enjoy myself walking around the neighborhood!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia