Alexander Inn
The Bellevue Hotel(Philadelphia)
Morris House Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
1,419 results
All reviewsboutique hotelbay windowcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggswithin walking distanceyogurtdiscounted parkingcenter cityfew blocksrooms are smallsingle roomkimmel centergreat boutiquewalked everywherechain hotelssouth streetwine bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thanks to Trip Advisor reviews, we book this hotel via internet. They reply promptly, and we are happy with our choice. Nice hotel (room is a bit small but ok). Good location. Free hearty breakfast (and snacks during the day while it lasts).

Above all, appreciate the friendly and helpful owners/managers.

Very happy to recommend this home away from home!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed two nights at the Alexander Inn, on leaving for a big trip overseas, and coming back. My initial contact with them over the phone was very positive--eager to help and friendly. Late check out is not really an option (may get a 1/2 hour) but if you are waiting for a later flight, they will hold your luggage for you and also have a large sitting area where you can wait, if like me--for your airport shuttle. Like others, I found the breakfast perfectly fine---no coffee makers in the room, so the coffee was my first stop. Rooms were clean and I felt very safe, traveling solo. Venture across the street to the wine bar --Tria-- and to "Toast" a great little coffee spot. They also have umbrellas to lend, should you need one, which I did as I ventured up to the Liberty Bell and Reading Terminal market. They are helpful in giving directions. I would stay here again should I venture back to Philly!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel when I was attending a convention and all the hotels affiliated with my meeting were booked. Hotel is about 6 blocks from the convention center. My room was small but clearn, the bathroom has been updated, wifi is free and there is a continental breakfast. At half the cost of the convention hotels, will happily sacrifice some space. Only shortcoming was the foam pillow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We picked this hotel for location and price and it did not disappoint. It is a character building within easy walking distance of most sights. A great neighbourhood, safe and with many lovely old townhouse type homes. We had chosen a single queen room which was very small but perfectly adequate for our needs. Can't understand the negative comments about the breakfast, for a free meal we thought it was excellent and fruit and pastries were left during the day for anyone needing a quick snack. The staff are outstanding, friendly and willing to give advice on local restaurants and directions.

Room Tip: Some people might want to spring for a bigger room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently spent three nights at the Alexander inn with a friend for a "girl's get-away." The Alexander Inn turned out to be the perfect spot for us. Our room was fairly large with comfortably firm double beds, and a nice sitting area with a great view of the city. We were within walking distance to many attractions, shops and restaurants. Both the day and night staff were extremely helpful in providing us with all the information we needed to have the best travel experience in Philadelphia. Byron, the night desk attendant, was especially accommodating in assisting us with restaurant choices for evening meals.

The hotel featured a small, yet very adequate morning breakfast, as well as fresh fruit and pastries throughout the day. Newspapers and televisions were available in the breakfast room and there was a small fitness center and computer center in the basement for guest use (as well as ice and vending machines). The hotel was very clean and pleasantly decorated.
I would recommend the Alexander Inn to anyone needing lodging in Philadelphia. It's a great price in a great location.

Room Tip: The higher floors provide a great view of the city, especially at night with all the buildings lighted.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends