Last month, in May, my husband and I took a trip to Philadelphia and stayed at the Alexander Inn near the historical area. The location, 12th Street and Spruce, is within walking distance to many major attractions. i.e. the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, Reading Terminal, the Academy of Music and many other sites. This boutique hotel is a lovely renovated historical building. They serve a very nice and adequte self-serve breakfast and they always have pastries and fruit available to guests. We also appreciated how clean and well-maintained it was. Public transportation is right on the corner and we were able to use it to get to the Italian Market for a great dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. The only downfall is that parking on the street anywhere around the hotel is nearly impossible. Parking is provided at a discounted rate in a parking garage that is a couple of blocks away. However, that being said, it was still a very nice place to stay. The staff is so wonderful. Everyone was helpful with suggestions and recommendations as to where to eat and what to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $125.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia