“Can't fault it”
Review of Alexander Inn

Alexander Inn
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were so happy. We arrived at 11am to drop our bags off but we're told our room was ready. Bonus! We were also told we could help ourselves to the breakfast if we wanted.
The rooms are clean and neat, the double bed is a good size and the hotel staff are so helpful, even suggesting routes for me to run.
Complimentary breakfast was nice and set us up for the day ahead.
Great location as well. Really can't find much/any fault. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Bridger79
There are newer reviews for Alexander Inn

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Alexander Inn for a teacher conference at the Marriott and convention center. I didn't want to share a room and my mother had stayed here and suggested this hotel. It is a very unique hotel and super cool - staff was great - room was small but perfect for me. LOVED the neighborhood too. The second night I woke up twice to an odd sound - I thought it was my water bottle popping - I had a water bottle and a granola bar unopened and a bag of cashews on the nightstand. The second time I heard the noise at 4 AM I realized it was something rattling the - the wrappers- I got the light on and there was the tail end of a mouse. I double checked the nightstand and there were mouse droppings too. I didn't call down to the desk - because what could they do? I put the food items in the ICE bucket and left the light on and watched TV until it was time to get up. I would have had to pack up if they could get me another room and then get ready for my meeting. I told the front desk in the morning - in private and their response was "thank you for telling us we take this very seriously"... that was it. I left the droppings on the nightstand so they knew I was legit. The third night I was there my family came to town so I got a bigger room with two double beds and more room. Also, very nice. I wasn't sure how to rate this hotel - it was great - is it clean? yes - until the mouse incident - which it is a city - and the response or no comps for 'my troubles" was baffling- Luckily I didn't totally freak out - my co-workers were surprised that I didn't call down immediately- I guess I am a camper as one pointed out and it does take a lot to freak me out- I would have liked some sort of something.... more than the one comment-
The breakfast was perfect and included to start each morning and very nice area to eat in with other guests.

Room Tip: The one double/queen bedroom is small - be prepared it id great for one - 2 not sure - The two doubl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Renee1208
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our third time at the Alexander Inn and, as usual, the service and accommodations exceeded our expectations. As an historic boutique hotel, you can expect the rooms to be small, but they are comfortable and excellently appointed. The Innkeeper, John, assures each guest receives first class service, and the generous breakfast (serve - yourself cereal, yogurt, fruit, pasteries, etc) is a great way to start the day. Great local restaurants nearby, and a wonderful walking neighborhood with easy access to downtown attractions. Parking anywhere downtown is a hassle, and pricey, but at least you get a reasonable discount at a secure pay garage 2 blocks away. Great bargain + wonderful services and location = ☆☆☆☆☆ (5 star) rating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pfefferdog
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked several rooms for a wedding. John the manager was amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure everything went well for us and our guests. I really can't say enough about the service. I absolutely recommend whether you are staying as a couple or a group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of June. Our room was small but lovely with ensuite; it catered for our needs as it was clean, comfortable and had ac.
The location is great for nearby shops, restaurants and tourist sights. It is also handy for the tour bus which stops around 5 minutes walk away.
Breaksfast was continental; simple but fine for setting us off for the day.
The owners were helpful on request. They have really worked hard to make this a unique, boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Watch out for taxi drivers - make sure they have their meter running at the start of your journey or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was nervous about this place given the unbelievable price, but trusted the other reviewers. They had it spot on. The location was excellent, within walking distance of plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, the independence mall and city hall. My wife and I easily unloaded our bags in the loading zone across from the entrance. Check in staff was quick and friendly. The decor was clean and trendy. The room was quite small, but we had enough room for our bags and space to be comfortable.

The hotel offers parking for $15 per 24 hours 3 blocks north in a garage. We were able to check- out and walk our bags to the garage. This allowed us to do the independence mall tours, hit reading terminal, then leave town without moving the car again. Overall it was just what we needed for our evening/morning stay in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ufcarter
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a great find, a lovely find in Philadelphia in a great area close to everything. The rooms are a little small and the beds are not a full double size but this is an older building with a great atmosphere - it really is a home away from home. And it is spotless the cleaning staff do make a huge effort.

The reception staff are great nothing is an issue and can recommend lots to do and see, the breakfast was great and the little free treats through the day are welcome.

Its in the gay area too and very welcoming to gay couples which is great.

Recommended do go.