I want to start by saying that the only reason I feel I cannot give this an excellent is that the mattress on the bed needs to be replaced. We stayed in the Independence room. The mattress was a little like a hammock and the bed wobbled. We did sleep pretty well, though. We stayed 3 nights and got used to it.
The room itself was wonderful You will rarely find rooms this spacious in even the luxury hotels in Philadelphia. The room is furnished with remarkable antiques and old furnishings that are both unique and functional. Our room included a kitchenette with full size stove and refrigerator. We stayed here only because hotels were booked solid and asking outrageous prices due to a convergence of several conventions in town at the same time. La Reserve had rooms available at no more expensive than even modest hotels at this time, so we took a chance. We were in town for our daughter's wedding.
Breakfast on the weekends includes cooked to order hot meals, so you select your serving time. We met wonderful quests from around the world and the food, though not outstanding, was very good. The continental breakfast the other day was certainly adequate, if not remarkable. We especially enjoyed the fact that fresh fruit was always out on the table in a bowl.
The lobby area is really an enormous siting room, with a baby grand piano if you are so inclined. We found out that the night before we stayed, a student from the Curtis Institute who's parents were visiting had done his senior recital. I would have loved to encourage him to play for us!
The staff were all wonderful and the rooms were kept very clean and comfortable.
It is a little spendy, but if you have the means, this is a great place to stay in Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Reserve consists of two beautifully well-preserved, 1850's Four-Story Townhouses located only three blocks from Rittenhouse Square in the Heart of Historic Center City Philadelphia. Our convenient location is within walking distance to many exclusive shops and fine restaurants located on Rittenhouse Square, as well as many major Philadelphia Historic attractions and sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Reserve Center City Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- La Reserve Center City b&b