I stumbled upon this place [online] as so many of the hotels in the area were already booked; so glad I did! The B&B is housed in two traditional row houses built in the mid 1800's, and it's in THE perefect location~t's just two blocks from Rittenhouse Square. There are many little café's and coffee houses right in the area surrounding La Reserve.
The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating, from the front desk folks to the cleaning gals to the chef! Our room was immaculate and huge, and it had an interior door that could be opened to the next room~since it was family, it worked out great for us. [The shared door locks on both sides.] The bathroom was so clean, kept that way at all times... the towels were fluffy and smelled great [not the typical kind of burned smell you get at some hotels]. They provided soap and shampoo, and there was a hair dryer in the bathroom as well. The bed was very comfortable, and our air-conditioner kept the room perfectly cool.
The continental breakfast during the week was sufficient and good... yogurt, granola, cereal, a few different types of bread and English muffins for toasting, homemade breakfast bars or muffins each day, I believe you could get oatmeal as well. Coffee and tea and hot chocolate were available from 6:30 a.m. until the evening, and at some point after breakfast they put out fresh homemade cookies. The cooked breakfast on the weekends was excellent... there was actually a menu and you could choose from eggs, pancakes, french toast, and always a special~Sunday morning we had fresh blueberry stuffed crepes with orange zested marscapone cheese!! Delicious! [Kudos to the chef!!] Sausage or bacon and toast came with it, and cereal was still available. For the weekend breakfast you did need to sign up for a specific time; you can do that the night before.
Yes there is some creaking of floor boards but that's part of the charm of these older homes! Check out the interesting books in the sitting room, lots of information on Philadelphia and its history. They even have a grand piano you can use! I agree, it would not be a good choice for anyone who could not do stairs. Overall it was a great stay and a great experience! We plan to stay again next time we're in Philadephia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Reserve consists of two beautifully well-preserved, 1850's Four-Story Townhouses located only three blocks from Rittenhouse Square in the Heart of Historic Center City Philadelphia. Our convenient location is within walking distance to many exclusive shops and fine restaurants located on Rittenhouse Square, as well as many major Philadelphia Historic attractions and sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your La Reserve Center City Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- La Reserve Center City b&b