La Reserve was a true haven for us during a minor family crisis at the beginning of June. Specifically, we wanted to be on hand to move our son, very pregnant daughter-in-law, dog and cat from their house near Rittenhouse Square to London, vacating and cleaning the house over a period of four days and taking them and their animals to the Philadelphia Airport for their flight. In truth, we would have engaged the nearest accommodation to their house, no matter the expense or the amenities.
As it happened, it was our glorious good luck that La Reserve was the nearest place, and space was available. And what a space it was! We had the Saratoga Suite, on the first floor of the house at 1806 Pine Street. This suite has a living room with a pull-out sofa, a fireplace, TV with VCR and DVD, a full kitchen, a fabulous bathroom with a huge marble-tiled shower, and a separate, very comfortable bedroom. This meant that we could host our son and daughter in law in our suite for dinners.
Many people have mentioned the great Rittenhouse Square location. It is beautiful, and the potential for long walks, time in the Square, and meals at outdoor restaurants is there. But for us, it was not even two blocks to our son's (former) house on Waverly Place. I don't know how we could have survived without staying at La Reserve.
In fact, it was all so lovely that I can't imagine ever being happy again staying anywhere else, anyplace! The suite was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. A lovely sitting room and dining room are available in the main house, 1804 Pine Street, and the staff there is very helpful. For a very small fee, we could arrange for our family to join us for breakfast, where there were even gluten-free items available. And, to top it off, I'm not an expert, but I'd say that the rates are comparable with, if not lower, than most hotels across the city. Parking has to be at a commercial garage, but even after paying about $20.00 a day, one comes out ahead.
I highly encourage anyone visiting Philadelphia, not just Rittenhouse Square, to strongly consider staying at La Reserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Reserve consists of two beautifully well-preserved, 1850's Four-Story Townhouses located only three blocks from Rittenhouse Square in the Heart of Historic Center City Philadelphia. Our convenient location is within walking distance to many exclusive shops and fine restaurants located on Rittenhouse Square, as well as many major Philadelphia Historic attractions and sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your La Reserve Center City Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Center City Hotel Philadelphia
- La Reserve Center City b&b