Used Amtrak for the short trip from NY (Penn Station) to Philadelphia (30th Street station) for a short break after a business trip in NY.
Incredibly friendly staff on check in and so they proved be throughout my stay. After unpacking I couldn't get the coffee machine to work and after a call to the frontdesk I had assistance within 5 minutes who fixed the issue.
This is self catering in a suite - full kitchen (fridge, cooker & microwave) should one wish to do your own cooking. Rooms were large, loads of storage rooms (yes rooms).
Greta flat screen TV although some channels occasionally lost signal, different channels appeared on the same number at different times of the day (perhaps that's normal?)
Wi-Fi was great in rooms.
The have laundry facilities on each floor - washers & driers - $2 each! Brilliant to wash clothes if on a longer trip and not have to pay hotels exorbitant laundry rates.
Irish pub Con Murphy's is part of the hotel and provides good value food & drink - can get a bit lively when the Eagles play at home (must be rocking if they WIN at home!!)
Great location to walk to all the tourist sites - Boathouse Row to Penn's landing about 45 min walk. This covers most tourist must-see attractions. Plenty of restaurants and bars near by.
There is a convenient store Wawa just 5 mins from hotel - good to get bagels & orange juice for breakfast & bring back to room to eat in leisure.
I would recommend the Windsor to anyone coming to Philly - value for money and the staff really make it - friendly, helpful and always greet you in & out of the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia