“Excellent Hotel.”
Review of The Windsor Suites

Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in October. Upon intially arriving and seeing the hotel sign being a piece of printed tarp held up by string I was a little apprehensive. Once inside however my fears subsided. I had arrived by train and was a few hours early for check in. I asked at the front desk if the room was by any chance ready and if not whether I could leave my bags at reception while I went out and explored the city. The man I dealt with at reception informed me there wasnt a room ready but I could leave my bags at reception and was very helpful. Just as I was sorting the bags out to leave behind the lady behind the desk Zarena informed me that there was a room ready that I could check in to immediately. I was only at the hotel for 2 days but I need to say here that Zarena is an absolute credit to the hotel. I have reviewed a number of hotels on here but I have never felt the need to single out one person and mention them specifically before. She was always friendly and helpful and nothing appeared to be too much trouble and everything done with a smile on her face. I was also given a welcome bag as a result of Expedia VIP membership - something I have never had before. I made my way up to my room and quite simply - wow!! Huge does not even begin to describe the size of the room. It was extremely clean with excellent furnishings and an extrememly comfy king size bed - I had an excellent nights sleep both nights. The kitchen was well appointed and there was a good sized desk for work if needed. The only minor problem I spotted was an aesthetic one where some of the skirting board was away from the wall which was a little unsightly which is my only complaint. The hotel is excellently located within walking distance to most places of interest. There is a pub attached - Con Murphys which you can get a 15% discount in on food as a guest at the hotel and there is also an Asian restaurant attached. The value for money at this hotel was exceptional and I would not hesititate to stay here again if I were to return to Philadelphia. In fact I would probably always check here first for availability before looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nezza28
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear nezza28,
We are so thrilled to read your comments, and are happy you were pleased with your recent stay with us at The Windsor Suites. We are especially grateful when our guests take the time to publicly recognize our staff for exceptional service, and we will be sharing your comments with Zarena.
Please note that we are always trying to improve the quality of our accommodations, so any information you provide us regarding any imperfections will assist us in this regard.
Thank you again for choosing The Windsor Suites. Please come back to stay with us again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Used Amtrak for the short trip from NY (Penn Station) to Philadelphia (30th Street station) for a short break after a business trip in NY.
Incredibly friendly staff on check in and so they proved be throughout my stay. After unpacking I couldn't get the coffee machine to work and after a call to the frontdesk I had assistance within 5 minutes who fixed the issue.
This is self catering in a suite - full kitchen (fridge, cooker & microwave) should one wish to do your own cooking. Rooms were large, loads of storage rooms (yes rooms).
Greta flat screen TV although some channels occasionally lost signal, different channels appeared on the same number at different times of the day (perhaps that's normal?)
Wi-Fi was great in rooms.
The have laundry facilities on each floor - washers & driers - $2 each! Brilliant to wash clothes if on a longer trip and not have to pay hotels exorbitant laundry rates.
Irish pub Con Murphy's is part of the hotel and provides good value food & drink - can get a bit lively when the Eagles play at home (must be rocking if they WIN at home!!)
Great location to walk to all the tourist sites - Boathouse Row to Penn's landing about 45 min walk. This covers most tourist must-see attractions. Plenty of restaurants and bars near by.
There is a convenient store Wawa just 5 mins from hotel - good to get bagels & orange juice for breakfast & bring back to room to eat in leisure.

I would recommend the Windsor to anyone coming to Philly - value for money and the staff really make it - friendly, helpful and always greet you in & out of the lobby.

Room Tip: 10th floor was quiet but request a room away from the elevators, ice machine/laundry rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello Pjauk,
Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay here at The Windsor Suites with us. It seems that you enjoyed your stay, and had the time to enjoy some of our amenities and features. Our fully equipped kitchens are always popular, even moreso because there are grocery stores close by. Our location cannot be surpassed, offering the opportunity to walk to so many great attractions, shopping and restaurants.
We do appreciate the vote of confidence and recommendation of our hotel, and thank you again for choosing us.
Kind regards,
The Windsor Suites

PS. We can't wait for the Eagles to win at home either!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed at The Windsor several times and didn't know it could keep getting even better. The spacious 1 bedroom suite was smartly furnished and the very functional kitchen has beautiful stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. I could definitely live in this suite permanently. The bed, pillows and linen was so comfortable. Most importantly, the suite was so clean, kudos to housekeeping. I love the granite top make-up area outside the stylish remodeled bathroom. Our room was very quiet and also had a beautiful view with a balcony overlooking Ben Franklin Pkwy. Angela, Reservations Manager is a great asset to this very fine hotel and remembers our quirks and special requests (extra towels and extra regular coffee), and always makes us feel welcome. I would not consider staying at any other hotel during my many visits to Philadelphia. If you want a beautiful, clean room, and helpful staff, this is the place for you. The Windsor is my comfortable home away from home☺

Room Tip: WAWA is around the corner and you can pick up food items for breakfast to eat in the room. There is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BigpaJacksonville_FL,
I think we love having you as our guest just as much as you love staying with us. Thank you for such great feedback. Our staff love to hear how they're doing, and we do share these comments with them. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize them.
We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for choosing us yet again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rooms are incredibly spacious. Our room was directly across from the elevators and I was worried that we would hear elevator and people noise; however, we were not disturbed at all. Though not specifically requested, we were placed near friends and appreciated the consideration. Great location for downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hi CathyHS,
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy you were comfortable and pleased with your accommodations. Please allow us to assist you with your plans on your next visit to Philadelphia. We would love to welcome you again. Thank you for staying with us.
Regards,
Tha Windsor Suites

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Good location and spacious (if somewhat odd) rooms. As the rooms are suites, they have a kitchen area and dining area right next to the beds, which is a little strange - especially if you have no intention of cooking and eating in the room! The room was spacious and clean and fit for purpose. The location is good for the main centre/tourism and the staff are very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear HelenMarch66,
Thank you for staying with us recently. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. Our rooms are a bit oddly shaped because of the semi-circular shape of the building, but one of the advantages of that is the extra space,(including the fully equipped kitchen) that it offers the rooms.
We are happy our hotel suited your needs, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel that offers good value for money, great location and excellent service. Zarena in reception is amazing and must be recognized for her excellent customer service and recommendations on things to do whilst we were in Philly. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to my friends.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rowanmsmith,
It was our pleasure having you as our guest recently. We thank you for choosing us, and for recognizing our Zarena for exceptional service. We have shared your comments with her.
We hope to welcome you back with us soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was recently a guest at this hotel for 2 weeks. This hotel was ideal for longer term stays. The location was very convenient to downtown, restaurants, historic sites. The staff was excellent. They could not have been more helpful. The rate was also a real value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Samuel K,
We do appreciate when our guests take the time to offer feedback on their stay with us, and for that we thank you. Thank you also for staying with us recently. We are happy you found us to be a real value, and great for longer stays. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,