I stayed here for 2 nights in October. Upon intially arriving and seeing the hotel sign being a piece of printed tarp held up by string I was a little apprehensive. Once inside however my fears subsided. I had arrived by train and was a few hours early for check in. I asked at the front desk if the room was by any chance ready and if not whether I could leave my bags at reception while I went out and explored the city. The man I dealt with at reception informed me there wasnt a room ready but I could leave my bags at reception and was very helpful. Just as I was sorting the bags out to leave behind the lady behind the desk Zarena informed me that there was a room ready that I could check in to immediately. I was only at the hotel for 2 days but I need to say here that Zarena is an absolute credit to the hotel. I have reviewed a number of hotels on here but I have never felt the need to single out one person and mention them specifically before. She was always friendly and helpful and nothing appeared to be too much trouble and everything done with a smile on her face. I was also given a welcome bag as a result of Expedia VIP membership - something I have never had before. I made my way up to my room and quite simply - wow!! Huge does not even begin to describe the size of the room. It was extremely clean with excellent furnishings and an extrememly comfy king size bed - I had an excellent nights sleep both nights. The kitchen was well appointed and there was a good sized desk for work if needed. The only minor problem I spotted was an aesthetic one where some of the skirting board was away from the wall which was a little unsightly which is my only complaint. The hotel is excellently located within walking distance to most places of interest. There is a pub attached - Con Murphys which you can get a 15% discount in on food as a guest at the hotel and there is also an Asian restaurant attached. The value for money at this hotel was exceptional and I would not hesititate to stay here again if I were to return to Philadelphia. In fact I would probably always check here first for availability before looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA HOTEL - UNIQUE URBAN HOTEL SUITES Experience modern urban living at The Windsor Suites, your home away from home in downtown Philadelphia. A perfect blend of modern comfort and authenticity, our hotel captures the spirit of discovery and innovation instilled by Benjamin Franklin. Discover the city as you walk out our front doors and visit any one of the renowned arts and cultural destinations at your fingertips, such as The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Comcast Center, and Rittenhouse Square. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living and dining space, and breathtaking skyline views to suit both business and leisure travelers. Savor traditional Irish cuisine at Con Murphy's, stay connected in our fully equipped business center, or host an event in the flexible 1,900 square foot meeting space. When it is time for fitness and wellness, re-charge in our fitness center, or lounge by our rooftop pool overlooking the city. Regardless of your purpose for visiting Philadelphia, you'll find that Windsor Suites embodies the genuine warmth and pride that our great city is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia