“A pleasant stay”
Review of The Windsor Suites

Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very nice suite which could accommodate 5 adults very comfortablely (other hotel in area could not accommodate us, their loss) it was like a nice apartment. Price was reasonable. The staff was very helpful, pleasant, ,and friendly. In walking distance to the Catherdal where my son was getting married, as well as places to see, eat and drink. Being a Philadelphian would definately recommend The Windsor Suites to locals as well as tourist.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hi Patti L,
Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. We are happy you found us convenient to the Cathedral (which makes for such beautiful weddings), and that you enjoyed our staff. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you'll visit again soon.
The Windsor Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My parents came to visit and my mother is handicapped. We told the front desk what time we would like put room cleaned but came back without it being serviced. So, mistakes happen, but when I called to ask for new linens (I would change the bed) it took them over an hour to bring anything after multiple calls to the (very rude) front desk. The lack of response was shocking especially for the prices you pay to stay here! No customer service found here. Find a different hotel!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kristen R
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Kristen R,
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for your review. We would like to apologize for any challenges you experienced, and assure you that this is not our normal standards, as evidenced by our recent Tripadvisor reviews. We have built a great track record of providing excellent guest service, and would like to maintain that. We have reached out to you separately for additional details of your experience which will help us implement the necessary corrective measures so this does not recur. We hope you will give us an opportunity to resolve this with you.
Again, please accept our apologies, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
The Windsor Suites.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We got amazing deal on this beautiful hotel close to everything.The staff was helpful and polite,we were able to walk everywhere since it's in such a great location.also there is an Irish Pub right downstairs if you need a nightcap!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katerina2E
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Katerina2E,
Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled when our guests leave us happy, and it seems your were pleased with your stay.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My fiance came back from Afghanistan last April and I thought we'd stay right in the center of the city so he could enjoy Philadelphia more. Staying in a hotel for a month was impossible because of the costs. I was so glad I found Windsor and I could actually rent the suite like an apartment for a month for a very reasonable cost. I also had my fiance's family stay in the same hotel last summer. My fiance and I stayed again at the hotel during the holidays. So yes we love it so much that's why we keep staying here. In July this year some of my guests will also be staying in this hotel for my wedding. The staff absolutely provided us first class service. They're very friendly and professional. I can name two of the staff I will always remember, Ms Dorothy and Jennifer. I highly recommend this place to everyone

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Mary,
Your comments both humbled and thrilled us, and we would like to thank you for sharing your experiences at The Windsor Suites. We are happy you chose us to accommodate you and your fiance, as well as your family members on different occasions.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and please let us know what we can do to help you make your event even more special.
Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was visiting University of Pennsylvania for 3 days and stayed at Windsor suites for 2 nights. Although the hotel is not next to the university, I found the price worth the stay. I was surprised by the room when i got to the hotel - it was a proper studio with everything possible. Full kitchen (microwave, dishwasher, etc). 2 large closets, a decent size bathroom, a nice king size bed and a beautiful balcony overlooking Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The price also included free use of the gymnasium (i didn't bother) and the business centre. Well worth the price! They have 2 restaurants (one thai and other and american bar) and you can order room service as well.

What amazed me the most was the quality of service. The front office staff was most courteous and helpful. They quickly got my business suit laundered and ironed and happily stored my bags for the last day. It was an excellent experience.

The only negative: In the evenings around rush hour it gets a little noisy on the road because of traffic. That's all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Fluorescence,
Thank you for choosing The Windsor Suites for your recent stay in Philadelphia. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our colleagues are dedicated to providing the highest levels of service, and we are thrilled when this is acknowledged by our guests. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.
The Windsor Suites.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a wonderful location. You can see city hall a couple of blocks away from the front door. Every single person on the staff was just as nice as can be, and very helpful. We loved our room: very spacious floor-plan, enormous pillow-top bed, well-appointed bathroom with makeup mirror and hairdryer. THREE closets and a safe to stow valuables. A FULL kitchen. OMG, I've never seen such a kitchen in a hotel room. Full-sized fridge, 4-burner gas range, pots and pans, a colander, a dishwasher! Good lord. I couldn't believe it. And everything was like-new and spic and span. Beautiful job, Windsor Suites, I'd stay there again any time.

They have a pool and fitness area that we did not utilize.

Room Tip: We were up on the 12th floor, which was probably an advantage. There are two different restaurants o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear TravlinCaroline,
We love when our guests are able to take advantage of all the amenities and features of our hotel. It seems you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchen, spacious suite and its furnishings, but most of all, the hospitality of our staff. Thank you so much for choosing us, and for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am not familiar with hotels in Philadelphia, but I needed one that was centrally located to colleges that my nephew was visiting. I read some positive reviews, but you never know about accommodations until you arrive. The Windsor Suites exceeded my expectations! The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. The room was clean, spacious, and well-appointed. The view was also an unexpected surprise! We were weary travelers, and we each had a restful sleep in our comfortable beds. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer, but our itinerary took us to another city!

Room Tip: Again, our room had an excellent view of the city which was stunning at night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Lisa W,
One of our goals is to always exceed the expectations of our guests, and we are happy succeeded. Thank you for your kind comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,