The Windsor Suites
Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for his 21st birthday! It has an easy walk to South street (where all the bars are) and Broad st! The staff was great! We were a few hours early and they let us check in with no problems. I called the service desk one night to ask for a cab company # so I can call a cab and they told me "just come down stairs and our bell hop with hail you one". Which he did...pretty fast I should add! Also, we asked them for advice on where NOT to go and they were quick and happy to tell us. (bad parts...anything west of 23rd street and south of South st...try to avoid these areas) From 22ed st on to Penns landing is a good area! I would definitly stay at this hotel again. The room had a balcony that over looked a road (I believe cherry st) that was lined with flags. My husband and I enjoyed trying to guess the flags countries while having a smoke. (non smoking hotel). The room was clean and very large. Beds were comfortable and this room had a great price. We paid less than $100 per night! Try this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed 14 September 2009

just average. booking.com did not include tax on the price, which after that, was not a deal. the hotel staff didn't make up our room the whole weekend. there was a nice pool on the roof, and parking is $31. we got a room facing the back without a balcony, and the decor was quite dated.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My Husband and I stayed here exactly one year ago and we loved it. We have returned this year again for a weekend getaway. The room is clean. The staff is very nice. The room comes with a full kitchen which adds a very nice touch. The parking is still steap, but the rates are in line with the area. You are allowed to move your car as many times as you want.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed during thanksgiving weekend and we thought it was a good deal because a lot of hotels in Philadelphia charge extra for parking. We got the room, parking and breakfast for $150, and we also wanted to see the thanksgiving parade and it was right outside the hotel, so it was kind of a good deal.
but if you can afford to spend a little more and if parking isn't a problem, then I wouldn't suggest this hotel.
Its really quite old and not maintained very well. The breakfast was very basic. The staff was nice enough though.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The hotel staff is friendly, and the room was clean but...the hotel is old, and the rooms are not suites like the pictures say. They include a little kitchenette so they say suite, but you do not get a living area with a couch,,I was disappointed. The pool is on the roof,which sounds great but its not...its cold up there and you have to walk up these stairs that are dark and dangerous. For the price of the hotel you can stay elsewhere and get a nicer room,,I think. Plus its 2 miles from the historic district.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We spent two nights at the Windsor Suites for a short trip to see the historical sights of Philadelphia. Our room included two double beds, a full kitchen, table, large flat screen TV, spacious closets and a nice sized bathroom. The hotel also has free WiFi and the bathroom amenities included Bath and Body Works products. We paid $109 for our first night (a Sunday) and $139 for the second (booked through the hotel website). Our spacious room also included a very large balcony that, although without chairs or tables, had a spectacular view of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (home of the "Rocky steps") to the left, and the beautiful City Hall to the right. Reading Terminal Market was a short 10 minute walk with the Historic District an additional 10 minutes away.

Parking was over $30 per night but included in-and-out privileges and honestly, parking is very expensive in the city. The breakfast buffet was kept stocked by a cheerful employee and included several types of cold cereal, a waffle iron, bagels, breads, and fruit.

Although the hotel would not be considered chic, it is very homey and you definitely get your money's worth in location and space. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2009

This hotel, although older, was so comfortable to stay in. Each room had a kitchen and beautifully updated bathrooms. For $40 more I upgraded my room to a suite that was worthy of being called an apartment! Huge! The staff were so friendly and servicable. The location is great...can catch the local tour bus FLASH and in walking distance to restaurants, etc.
I wish we could have stayed longer. I encourage travelers to check it out.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family