“Ritz Carlton standards -- what else is there to say?”

The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here during a visit in town for my birthday, and to be short, this Ritz Carlton met every standard you'd expect.

Staying at a Ritz Carlton is a unique experience that brings intangibles unavailable at lesser-grade hotels. The hotel atrium indeed has an accomplished pianist, and the bartender can, in fact, make an aviation. This is not your ordinary hotel.

Rooms are generously sized with comfortable accommodations. Parking is an invisible process, with an efficient valet process.

Make it a point to stay here when in Philly for a special occasion. It is worth the indulgence of your time, and the fractional upcharge over the hum-drum competition.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I just spent a lovely night at the Ritz Carlton Philadelphia. I was born and raised in Philly. This hotel captures the history of my city while having a cool urban vibe. Had a wonderful round of drinks in the lobby bar. Olena our waitress was lovely and professional. I told her about my " ritz Carlton drinking game" idea. Everytime someone says " my pleasure", we all take a drink! Room was spacious. TV could be updated. Bathroom was very very nice. Club lounge was nice as well. Ideal location w/in walking distance to everything. Amy in guest services was awesome.
Aaron...best bell hop ever! So helpful. (Anyone that compliments me on my lucky flyers hat is ok in my book!)
I had a great stay and the hotel was very busy due to the US open. They were all on there toes! Thanks Ritz!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The rooms look more like a Marriott than a Ritz-Carlton. I was so disappointed. I often stay at R-C and expected so much more. I ordered room service and before an hour was even up, they called up and interrupted my evening to prompt me for a pickup of my tray/table....really??? I was offered a free movie at check-in, which was a nice gesture--but in order to receive it I was supposed to call the front desk by 11 with my selection. Philly is so boring, just save your money for another spot!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank moose029
Reviewed 12 June 2013

A funeral brought us to Philly. Very reasonable rates made the Ritz Carlton our choice for the weekend. The room was on the small side but the view of "Billy Penn" from the window made up for the tiny room. Breakfast was a not-so-nice event -- it was simply not well prepared. Potatoes grossly undercooked, coffee cold, bacon almost raw. I was quite surprised as it wasn't cheap by any price. Didn't have dinner in the hotel. After the negative breakfast experience I wasn't taking the chance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Billy Penn view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel does not live up to its name. I spent 2 nights here while on a business trip. The check in was very fast, and thats about it. The rooms were dirty, teh bathrobe was tore, it took about 54 seconds for the water in the shower to heat up, i could hear my neighbours quite well. There was always an event downstair, yes, you cant hear the noise, but it will take you some effort to get to the elevators through a large crowd. Macy's is 2 min walking distance and Hard Rock Cafe is about 5 min walking, that was a positive thing. But a HUGE minus was that the hotel blocked 300$ from my credit card (usually hotels block 30-40$) and when i wrote to them nobody EVER bothered to answer my e-mails. I will not stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lidia M
Reviewed 5 June 2013

First, the club level offerings are wonderful, and concierges Mimosa and Jackie are excellent in every way. Thank you for your incredible service! Second, the location of the hotel is second to none - directly in center city next to city hall. Third, as usual, from front bell staff to front desk staff, the service is top notch. Finally, spa massage (by Nancy) was top notch. Great stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William T
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel on April 19, 2013. The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia is one of the most stunningly beautiful hotels in the city. From the moment you enter, the neoclassical architecture commands attention and your eyes are quickly drawn to the ceiling. The staff was incredibly attentive and polite, which one would expect at such an establishment. Unfortunately, I didn't have the best view from my window, but the ample space and immaculately clean and pleasant bathroom made up. Anyway, I didn't stay for the window view. Philadelphia is a city for exploring. Luckily, this hotel couldn't be situated in a more convenient and accessible location. With regard to the lounge on the ground floor, it was the perfect place to unwind with very hip music and an astonishingly complete wine selection. It is, however, geared to a younger crowd. I do remember this hotel years ago before the current refurbishment. I miss the older layout with the busts of the Roman emperors under the rotunda. It had a much more grandiose effect. I wish they'd bring that back. There's no need to emmulate a W Hotel. This hotel has the name and place setting to be in a league all its own.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple