The lobby is a mix of a traditional old bank building combined with some modern elements of lighting. Not sure I liked the combination but the lobby with the high ceilings and massive columns was very grand. The rooms were fine, not truly elegant like many of the Ritz hotels, but certainly clean and well maintained. We were there for a wedding and reception and they did a beautiful job on behalf of the bride and groom.
We weren't overly impressed with the bar staff. We were there Friday afternoon and didn't get table service for drinks or food but had to go to the bar ourselves to order.
Location is quite good. Walk one direction, in a lousy area, to the Liberty Bell and other historic buildings. Rittenhouse Square is in another direction and much livelier, attractive scene awaits. Good shopping, nice little restaurants and cafes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated neoclassical hotel set in a century-old landmark bank in downtown Philadelphia. The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia is a stately testament to the city and an exceptional place to experience all the city has to offer. Walk in the footsteps of America's forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in the heart of Center City and absorb the energy of the city as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Marriott, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia