“Wonderful facility”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Philadelphia Orchestra, together with this hotel, offered a package deal with two orchestra tickets, free valet parking, two free drinks, two free breakfasts, and the room, which was a junior suite, for $432 including all taxes. Although not cheap, this seems to me like a pretty good deal to see a marvelous Mozart and Brahms concert featuring Emamuel Ax, world-renowned pianist. We had a wonderful overnight visit in this historic city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank bngrbrgnut
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Orchestra Package for the Mozart & Brahms concert. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the package amenities including our breakfast in Chez Colette, drinks in Liberte, and an upgraded room to our Junior Suite. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2012

all I have to say is awesome. Everybody was awsome will be back.and another note stop complaining about parking because you will have to pay for parking somewhere

• Stayed: February 2012
9  Thank thart17
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our service. We also greatly appreciate your understanding of parking in a center city location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay at the Sofitel in Philadelphia near Rittenhouse. A great location, customer service, and well-appointed rooms. The only thing I wished for was to stay another night!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank jrice009

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us, enjoyed our location, customer service, and rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We are loyal to the Sofitel Philadelphia and return often because of its terrific location and lovely service. We recently enjoyed a two night stay and took advantage of the proximity of the hotel to shops, restaurants, and historic sites. The hotel lobby bar and restaurant seemed to have gotten a upgrade; the bar was hopping. We didn't use the fitness center, but we peeked in and saw that it was a good size and fully equipped.

When we travel with children, we favor the junior suites, which have a small bedroom and a living room. We had a king room this time, which was smaller, but cozy. The bedding was among the most comfortable we've had. The Occitane toiletries were luxurious. The water pressure was great and the hotel was quiet. All in all, I do not see why we would stay elsewhere when in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: A junior suite will give families the extra room they need.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank drkarb

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you have become a regular guest of ours when visiting Philadelphia. We are very pleased that you enjoy our location, service, toiletries, So-beds, and our lounge, Liberte. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We live in the Philadelphia area and stay overnight in the city on occasion. We recently started staying at the Sofitel and can't think of a bad thing to say about it. The location is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! You really can't get any better as it is smack dab in the middle of the city so you can walk to practically anything! The service is wonderful and the breakfast is to die for. I highly recommend it, just booked another night for next weekend and will continue to use it as our home away from home

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank PhiladelphiaMom2boys

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you have made us your home away from home. We are very pleased that you enjoy our location, service, and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I whisked my wife away for a surprise evening in Philadelphia, and based off of what I read here on TripAdvisor, Sofitel was a clear winner for a romantic experience. The hotel is very nice and in an absolutely fantastic location right in the heart of center city. We arrived at the hotel a little early (around 1pm), and were told we would have to wait until 3pm to check in, as that is check-in time. I did not take issue with this, as rules are rules, but I had read so many reviews where people said early check-in was no problem for them. I attributed it to what I hoped was a full hotel and a slow turnover of guests. But I have to say, I found the receptionist at the front desk to be cold an impersonal. That was disappointing because the alleged great service, was one of the main reasons I chose Sofitel. After checking-in we headed up to our room (I reserved a junior suite) and were pleased with the size of the room as well as the amenitites within. I must note that the room did have a "musty" odor upon entering but I figured it was due to the fact that you can't open the windows in the hotel and the A/C was not currently running. Again, it did stick out in my mind immediately though, so I thought I would note it here. The bathroom was spacious, the room had great views of the city, and the bed is definitely the most comfortable of any hotel I have ever stayed in (and I've been in quite a few). We opted to order oom service for breakfast and they call you by name when the phone rings in the kitchen. It was a nice touch. The food was excellent and sent up right on time as specified when ordered. We had drinks in lobby bar in the evening and they were well made, and the atmosphere was inviting and sophisticated as one would expect in a four star hotel. All in all I really enjoyed Sofitel and would definitely consider staying again when visiting Philadelphia.

Room Tip: I agree with others who have recommended booking a junior suite or above
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank HotelHopper25

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you chose us to spend your romantic getaway with and that our location was perfect for you. We do regret that you did not receive warm service at check in and we will most definitely share your review with our front office team to help improve our service. We do try our best to check guests in early if rooms are available, and if they are not we should at least provide a warmer welcome than what you experienced. We are pleased that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms, our amenities, and our room service, along with an pleasant experience in our lounge, Liberte.. We do strive to provide the best rooms possible for our guests and will certainly look into freshening our rooms to ensure that there is no mustiness. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests. We look forward for an opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We first stayed at a Sofitel in Chicago last December and were very impressed so when the time came to make reservations for Philly we decided to book the Sofitel again. Once more we were not disappointed!
We booked a jr suite which was less expensive than a regular room at some of the other hotels we considered (Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons), our room was on the 12th floor and very large. It included robes for each occupant (love this), nice toiletries, a loofah, nice fluffy towels (not the thread-bare ones sometimes found in hotels), Keurig coffee maker, two large flat screen TVs, and THE BED....omg, so comfy we just wanted to nap there every day!!
The staff is very courteous and helpful, we were greeted pomptly upon arrival at the hotel each time and if we had a question they were always able to help or find someone who could. I needed a car for a day trip out of the city and the concierge quickly found one for me which made my trip much more comfortable and we liked the gentleman so much we ended up booking him again during our stay.
Also, my husband was ill during our trip and upon calling the front desk they promptly sent up some OTC meds rather than telling me I had to come down (thank you!).
We did not eat at the restaurant but did have drinks in the bar a couple of nights. We found the same type of atmosphere here as in Chicago, a very upbeat, young/middle aged crowd with good (not too loud) house music. Good service too!
We are definitely going to look for Sofitels now when we travel - better quality rooms for the money and the staff is just great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank jabakk
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and that we are becoming a favorite for you. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our larger than average rooms, amenities, unique, So-Bed, and our staff’s courteous and helpful service. It is also good to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our lounge, Liberte. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future as well as our sister properties all over the globe.