“Best bed I've slept in ever!”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Great location, trendy decor and great staff. The bed was absolutely divine! Breakfast was nice, I fashioned something that wasn't on the menu but the staff were more than happy to accommodate me. Wifi throughout the hotel is fast too.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Trolley_dolly0
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Trolley_dolly0,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that our unique So-Bed made such a great impression. A great night’s sleep is very important to us for our guests and that is why we have created our own design of bedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another great stay.

Vincent Vienne

Write a ReviewReviews (3,396)

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I spent five nights at this exquisite hotel in downtown Philly. Everything about it was wonderful; the staff, my room and the F&B. If you need to travel to Philly, I highly recommend the Sofitel. The location is close to many "fun" spots; restaurant, shopping, historical sights and "watering holes".

Room Tip: Based on the comments from my co-workers, I don't believe that there is a "bad room" i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan B

Dear Dan B,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for your most recent business trip. I am very happy that you had the opportunity to hit some “fun spots” while visiting, especially since you were in a prime location with so much to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back for many trips to come for both business and leisure.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The Sofitel has the best designed rooms and the most comfortable beds in my opinion. The staff has always been helpful and responsive. One stay, we had no hot water for a temporary period but were then treated to a great breakfast in return for a minor inconvenience. The atmosphere is calming, the rooms are spacious and everything is designed for supporting a relaxing environment. Will always stay here over many other hotels I have stayed at in downtown Philly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EastCoastmamacita
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear EastCoastmamacita,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel whenever staying in Philadelphia! I am delighted that we have become your go to hotel when visiting and that our ambassadors have continually made your experiences with us memorable. We are very fortunate to have a great team who is able assist our guests with any needs or requests that are unique to their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more relaxing trips to come.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Had to take my first downtime since New Years to post a rave review of this hotel and Philly itself. As so many have said, it's a beautiful hotel and so centrally located in the city. From the moment we pulled up in the driveway and passed the car off to the valets and our luggage to the hotel staff, it was a first class experience all the way. The open bar area adjacent to checkin was welcoming and very comfortable. The staff could not be more helpful. Since the coffee area in the lobby does not offer decafe, the hotel Concierge volunteered to go into the restaurant each morning during our four night stay to bring whatever I needed. Speaking of excellence at the concierge level, after asking him for a bit of information regarding the Mummer's Parade, an annual New Year's Day event, we returned from an outing and was met in the lobby with a 10 day printout of everything a visitor needed to know from timing to best locations for viewing. That's service. The two junior suites that my wife and I and our best friends occupied were large, clean, and well equipped. As all have stated here, the beds and pillows are wonderful. Speaking of equipped, the hotel keeps on hand some thirty different accessories that guests might have forgotten to bring or now realized they need. Myself and friends needed nightlights in our bathrooms and we were delivered three as requested within minutes of the call. The 24 hour gym was a big plus for my friend Bill who is an early riser and workout king. The hotel is in the Rittenhouse Square area which means its close to shopping, great restaurants, and cultural attractions such as the Philly Museum of Art and the newly relocated Barnes Museum, neither of which should be missed. What a great five days we had. If you have a car, don't miss a visit to Longwood Gardens any time of year but especially during Christmas. Google it.

We can't wait to return to Philadelphia and the Sofitel. Not enough credit can be given to the manager Vincent Vienne, because quality starts at the the top. He pays as much attention to his hotel as he does to this board...and it shows!

Room Tip: The junior suites have a living room and bedroom with a large bathroom and are well worth the minima...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wine4play

Dear wine4play,

Bonjour!

I want to thank you for choosing to celebrate New Year’s with us and for the detailed review of your stay! I am so glad to hear that our great ambassadors were able to make your stay memorable with the little details that we find to be very important to making each guest’s experience special. We wish to provide a relaxing, comfortable environment to our guests ensuring that all their needs are met. I am so glad that you enjoyed not only our hotel, but our great city and all it has to offer as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I booked the junior suite at the Sofitel expecting a luxurious stay, and for the most part it was except for one major problem. The hotel advertises that it has 37" flatscreen TVs, but neglects to say that it doesn't get local channels in HD. It was the equivalent to saying we have internet, but only offering dial up service.
It ruined the whole experience for me because I planned on watching two major sporting events from my room. The hotel manager really didn't get it, but I checked with most of my male friends and they all said not having a HD TV would be a complete deal breaker.
Sofitel offered me no refund or accommodation despite the fact that they clearly did not live up to Sofitel standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J240
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear J240,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our junior suite and that we were able to provide a luxury experience with most aspects of your stay. I understand your concern with the TV channels and we continuously work on ways to enhance the HD TV experience in our rooms We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia and exceed all of your expectations

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Perfect hotel locations, we walked to almost all the attractions. Rooms are comfortable and staff was very pleasant. Bathroom was a bit small, but it's separate from a dressing area with a wash-up sink and a hairdryer. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors preferable, less noise, better city view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NODA2012

Dear NODA2012,

Bonjour!

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that our downtown location was convenient for you to visit all the attractions around us. We look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully when the weather is a bit warmer and easier to explore our Rittenhouse Sq. area and more of what it has to offer.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I've stayed here twice and both times was very pleased with the room, location, and service. As others have said, bed is super comfy and location is ideal for experiencing center city Philadelphia. The bathroom is spacious and well appointed and the junior suite gives you a home feel with its separate living area. One of the best features is the service here, front desk staff and management are very accomodating. Ordered room service breakfast twice and it was DELICIOUS. Stayed there with a baby and was provided a crib and a "baby kit."

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear amusedkea,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel when visiting Philadelphia! I am very glad that you have had the opportunity to stay with us twice and that we continually have made your stays memorable. We want to provide a comfortable home feel to our guests and we are glad that you felt that while staying in our Junior Suite. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Warm Regards,