“Great hotel, AMAZING mattress!”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Westchester, New York, United States
“Great hotel, AMAZING mattress!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The location of this hotel was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the absolute best part of this hotel were the beds... I have yet to lie on a more comfortable mattress and I NEED someone from this hotel to tell me which one they are so I can buy one for my house!

Only thing about the place I didn't love was the stuffiness, but my wife and I are very low key and don't need anything fancy and the concierge seemed a bit uppity for me, recommending restaurants way out of our price range.

I would absolutely come back to the Sofitel as my wife and I absolutely want to come back to the beautiful city of Philadelphia!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian B
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia with your wife. I am very glad to receive your comments as they assist us in continuing to improve our service to our guests. I am always glad to hear when our guests love our unique So-Beds. In fact we have many guests who like you want them for their homes and so we do sell them. Please feel free to reach out to any of our ambassadors and they will be happy to provide you with our So Boutique information. We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back to Sofitel Philadelphia again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
La Crosse
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Slept wonderfully! Bed is so comfy, room was quiet and I could control the temperature.
Centrally located in the heart of Philly. Complimentary tea, coffee and pastries for early risers. Stayed 4 nights.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Maschall
Dear Maschall,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that you enjoyed our unique So-Beds so much and that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee station that we offer to all of our guests in the lobby. It is also always great to hear when our guests are able to explore our central location and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay at Sofitel Philadelphia.

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. The staff are extremely attentive and my room was spotless. The location is absolutely the best for exploring the best that Philly has to offer. The drinks at the hotel bar are exceedingly expensive, so proceed with caution. Also, I was supposed to attend a 3pm wedding, but my room wasn't ready until 2pm and the hotel didn't have anywhere available to change and freshen up. With that in mind, it's impossible not to say good things about this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 562VeeD
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear 562VeeD,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us while in town to celebrate a wedding and that you had the opportunity to explore the great area that we are located in as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another great stay.

Regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have stayed at the Sofitel in Philadelphia off and on for years, choosing it for its modern feel and competitive price. While it is still a great hotel, it has lost a step as it feels a bit run down. The beds are still fantastic and the staff is very courteous, but it just seems a bit worn. If the price is good, it is still a great place to stay, but it is no longer my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brad H
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Brad H,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Sofitel Philadelphia through the years. I am very glad to hear that you have had such great past experiences with us and that our ambassadors have always provided memorable stays. We are continually making changes and updates to our hotel to improve our services and amenities and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy our new updates and for us to once again give you the experience you have come to look for with Sofitel.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a great place to stay. Interesting rooms; well equipped. Staff is very attentive.
Nothing seemed 'worn out". Lots to see and do in the area. Just check your room view beforehand if you are expecting one.

Room Tip: Check the view beforehand if you are expecting one.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave1xyz
Dear Dave1xyz,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and that our ambassadors were able to attend to all you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Sincere Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I travel for work and spend roughly 200 nights a year in hotels (over 500 nights in the last 3 years). I typically stay at Starwood or Marriott properties and this was my first time staying at a Sofitel property. I have never had anything missing from my hotel room before, and I am sorry to say that when I returned to my room after work one night I found some of my prescription pills missing. Luckily it wasn't a life threatening situation. Please beware aware if you stay here to stash away your valuables/non-valuables they may end up missing.

Fyi, I did report this to the hotels management and they had security check to see who had been in my room and they did apologize. They did seem to take it seriously which I appreciated however they never followed up with me, and so I assume any conclusion as to the location of the missing medicine was closed with no conclusion.

Well I wish the person took my vitamins which were sitting next right next to the pills on the desk...travelers beware safegaurd your items.

I just read a horror story below where someone was robbed on their wedding night...verified dump.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything remotely valuable out...including socks...they will rob you here.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jensen J
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Jensen J,

Thank you for your feedback as it assists us in taking the steps needed to investigate your incident. We take the safety of our guests and their belongings very seriously. I would very much like the opportunity to resolve this issue and to discuss your experience with you. Please contact me directly so that we are able to provide proper follow up.

pittsburgh
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was a very nice experience for me. I stayed here on business and would definitely come back. The room was big and the bed extra comfortable. Huge bathroom and it was extremely clean and updated. Breakfast was great and the service overall was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anbdcb
Dear ansdcb,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for your recent business trip. I am very glad that our rooms provided a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast in Chez Colette. We would love to welcome you back again to enjoy our lunch and dinner menus as well.

Warm Regards,