“Stayed for Broad Street run”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
“Stayed for Broad Street run”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Broad Street run.The hotel was lovely and the location was perfect. I highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again. You can easily walk to restaurants, and shopping. The subway is short walking distance too. If we had stayed longer, I would have liked to have stopped by their lounge for drinks or perhaps have breakfast in the morning. we ordered room service and it was on time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank lulukgirl
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear lulukgirl,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel while in Philadelphia for the Broad Street run. I am very glad that our location was convenient for you and your husband and that you were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants and shopping that is in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back again and to enjoy our restaurant/lounge, Liberte.

Warm Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Daytona Beach
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Sofitel Philadelphia is a beautiful hotel with a great location in Center City. We enjoyed the access to all of downtown Philadelphia. Room was very spacious with luxuriously comfortable King bed and a very nice bath. The lobby bar was a wonderful place to hang out as we did several times. All in all a great stay and one we would repeat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Steve H
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to explore our great downtown location and all it has to offer as well as were able to relax in our bar, Liberte. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for many more wonderful stays.

Regards,

Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The A/C was having issues the night we stayed there, I need it cool in order to get some shut eye but needless to say it was a very restless night for me.

The front desk did remove our food and beverage bill $61.00 but when your paying $335.00 per night you would expect everthing to be perfect and it was far from that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank overheated1011
Dear overheated1011,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. Your comments assist us in continuing to make changes to improve our hotel’s services and amenities. We have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure the changing over of our heating and cooling in the spring and fall run more smoothly for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia and for the opportunity to create a perfect stay for you that we are known for.

Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The location of this hotel was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the absolute best part of this hotel were the beds... I have yet to lie on a more comfortable mattress and I NEED someone from this hotel to tell me which one they are so I can buy one for my house!

Only thing about the place I didn't love was the stuffiness, but my wife and I are very low key and don't need anything fancy and the concierge seemed a bit uppity for me, recommending restaurants way out of our price range.

I would absolutely come back to the Sofitel as my wife and I absolutely want to come back to the beautiful city of Philadelphia!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian B
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia with your wife. I am very glad to receive your comments as they assist us in continuing to improve our service to our guests. I am always glad to hear when our guests love our unique So-Beds. In fact we have many guests who like you want them for their homes and so we do sell them. Please feel free to reach out to any of our ambassadors and they will be happy to provide you with our So Boutique information. We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back to Sofitel Philadelphia again very soon.

Warm Regards,

La Crosse
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Slept wonderfully! Bed is so comfy, room was quiet and I could control the temperature.
Centrally located in the heart of Philly. Complimentary tea, coffee and pastries for early risers. Stayed 4 nights.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Maschall
Dear Maschall,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that you enjoyed our unique So-Beds so much and that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee station that we offer to all of our guests in the lobby. It is also always great to hear when our guests are able to explore our central location and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay at Sofitel Philadelphia.

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. The staff are extremely attentive and my room was spotless. The location is absolutely the best for exploring the best that Philly has to offer. The drinks at the hotel bar are exceedingly expensive, so proceed with caution. Also, I was supposed to attend a 3pm wedding, but my room wasn't ready until 2pm and the hotel didn't have anywhere available to change and freshen up. With that in mind, it's impossible not to say good things about this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 562VeeD
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear 562VeeD,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us while in town to celebrate a wedding and that you had the opportunity to explore the great area that we are located in as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another great stay.

Regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have stayed at the Sofitel in Philadelphia off and on for years, choosing it for its modern feel and competitive price. While it is still a great hotel, it has lost a step as it feels a bit run down. The beds are still fantastic and the staff is very courteous, but it just seems a bit worn. If the price is good, it is still a great place to stay, but it is no longer my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brad H
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Brad H,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Sofitel Philadelphia through the years. I am very glad to hear that you have had such great past experiences with us and that our ambassadors have always provided memorable stays. We are continually making changes and updates to our hotel to improve our services and amenities and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy our new updates and for us to once again give you the experience you have come to look for with Sofitel.