“What a disappointment”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boca Raton
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed one night. When I got into bed the sheets were damp. Then noticed that one of the pillows was also damp. Not sure what happened during turn down service but I was grossed out. They gave me another room and promised manager would be in touch. When I checked out the next morning, front desk only mentioned that I had to pay for internet access. Never asked how my stay was. Never heard from manager. I called hotel in the evening after I chekced out. Person answering the swicthboard remembered me from calling the night before, and put me through to the manager on duty. She was great. Never heard from manager. Called back and left another message and still have not heard back from hotel. What a disappointment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank sastraveler_33434
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear sastraveler_33434,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. Your feedback assists us in continually making enhancements to our hotel and keeping our service at the highest level. Our goal is for all of our guests to have an excellent experience and not to be disappointed at the end of their stay. Please contact me directly and I look forward to speaking with you personally.

Vincent Vienne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
delhi
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed for five days at the Sofitel this month. The service was good that being America-The service in most US hotels do not come close to the Asia and the East. The beds were excellent, soft, plush, we slept well. I like the extra space as we had suites- small units really with two rooms, changing room, bath. Enjoyed our stay- centrally located to shopping and sight seeing. They serve a great breakfast which fills you up for the day- perfect before stepping out. Def worth the price! Room service was also good- even at 2am. Cant think of a single negative here- secure too since you need room keys to go up to your room.

Room Tip: Opt for the suite if you like some space- rooms have windows but not great views given the central l...
1 Thank princessofspice82
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear princessofspice82,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that our service was up to your expectations and that our ambassadors were able to provide you with a memorable luxury stay. I am also very glad to hear that our Suites were comfortable for you during your five days with us and that you enjoyed our great downtown location with all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Sofitel Philadelphia.

West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Broad Street run.The hotel was lovely and the location was perfect. I highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again. You can easily walk to restaurants, and shopping. The subway is short walking distance too. If we had stayed longer, I would have liked to have stopped by their lounge for drinks or perhaps have breakfast in the morning. we ordered room service and it was on time!

1 Thank lulukgirl
Dear lulukgirl,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel while in Philadelphia for the Broad Street run. I am very glad that our location was convenient for you and your husband and that you were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants and shopping that is in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back again and to enjoy our restaurant/lounge, Liberte.

Daytona Beach
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Sofitel Philadelphia is a beautiful hotel with a great location in Center City. We enjoyed the access to all of downtown Philadelphia. Room was very spacious with luxuriously comfortable King bed and a very nice bath. The lobby bar was a wonderful place to hang out as we did several times. All in all a great stay and one we would repeat.

1 Thank Steve H
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to explore our great downtown location and all it has to offer as well as were able to relax in our bar, Liberte. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for many more wonderful stays.

Regards,

Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The A/C was having issues the night we stayed there, I need it cool in order to get some shut eye but needless to say it was a very restless night for me.

The front desk did remove our food and beverage bill $61.00 but when your paying $335.00 per night you would expect everthing to be perfect and it was far from that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank overheated1011
Dear overheated1011,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. Your comments assist us in continuing to make changes to improve our hotel’s services and amenities. We have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure the changing over of our heating and cooling in the spring and fall run more smoothly for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia and for the opportunity to create a perfect stay for you that we are known for.

Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The location of this hotel was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the absolute best part of this hotel were the beds... I have yet to lie on a more comfortable mattress and I NEED someone from this hotel to tell me which one they are so I can buy one for my house!

Only thing about the place I didn't love was the stuffiness, but my wife and I are very low key and don't need anything fancy and the concierge seemed a bit uppity for me, recommending restaurants way out of our price range.

I would absolutely come back to the Sofitel as my wife and I absolutely want to come back to the beautiful city of Philadelphia!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian B
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia with your wife. I am very glad to receive your comments as they assist us in continuing to improve our service to our guests. I am always glad to hear when our guests love our unique So-Beds. In fact we have many guests who like you want them for their homes and so we do sell them. Please feel free to reach out to any of our ambassadors and they will be happy to provide you with our So Boutique information. We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back to Sofitel Philadelphia again very soon.

La Crosse
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Slept wonderfully! Bed is so comfy, room was quiet and I could control the temperature.
Centrally located in the heart of Philly. Complimentary tea, coffee and pastries for early risers. Stayed 4 nights.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Maschall
Dear Maschall,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that you enjoyed our unique So-Beds so much and that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee station that we offer to all of our guests in the lobby. It is also always great to hear when our guests are able to explore our central location and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay at Sofitel Philadelphia.