“Great and professional”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kiato, Greece
“Great and professional”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The six day trip at Philadelphia is a great choice together with a great staying at Sofitel. A typical Sofitel Hotel as all over the world Accor standards , but little bit more proffesional !!! The position of the hotel is near to everything with easy acces to all things to do in Philly.Looking forward to seeing soon again Philly and Sofitel................!!! Thank You.

1 Thank Giannis_Anna96
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Bonjour Giannis_Anna96,

It is our delight that you had the opportunity to stay with us while visitng Philadelphia. I thank you for sharing such beautiful photos from your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel on your next trip to Philly!

Warm regards,
Vincent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Sofitel was just the sort of the boutique hotel that I was looking for when I went to my 30th Medical School reunion at Penn. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating even though renovation was going on. The room was first rate and the amenities were also. There was a Keurig coffee maker in the room and I became addicted to French Roast. The European influence was everywhere. I have been to Paris and loved it. I will look for the Sofitel chain when I go to other major cities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary M
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Mary M,

Here at the Sofitel we are proud to offer a style of service that blends French luxury with our local Philadelphia culture. These links can be found throughout our hotel including cuisine, design, amenities, and many other elements.

It is our delight that you will be seeking our sister properties, and I invite you to reach out to us at any time to assist with information on other Sofitel properties.

We look forwad to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I'm staying here for a conference, and everything is just superb. My room (1028) is very large and quiet, and has all amenities I could possibly want: excellent toiletries, thick bathrobe, coffee maker, ample storage space, large desk, good WiFi, comfy chair, great bed, etc. The staff is equally excellent: the concierge accepted a package for me a couple of days before my arrival, bar staff is attentive and friendly without being pushy, and housekeeping even leaves a thank-you note for their tip. Location is decent, with Walnut Street around the corner and the Convention Center at walking distance. The Old City is somewhat further away, but still at walkable (30 mins) distance.

Some minor points:
- I'm on the 10th floor, and the windows cannot be opened, nor is there any other means of ventilation, apart from the A/C, which I turn off during the night to avoid the noise. Entirely understandable, but I like to get some fresh cold air in the room during the night.
- My room had a "do not disturb" sign, but no "service please" sign to hang on the door.
- The shower is excellent, but the water temperature fluctuates quite a bit; adjustments are necessary to keep the water warm.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ewah564
Bonjour ewah564,

It is my pleasure that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us. We take great care in providing amenities in each of our guest rooms that provide extraordinary comfort and convenience, such as the ones you mentioned.

I will certainly share your feedback on excellent service with each of the concierge, Liberte bar, and housekeeping teams, as well as provide our Director of Operations with the minor points you listed to help us continually improve the service we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia!

Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Philadelphia Sofitel Hotel two times and found it to be of the highest quality in every category. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and have very comfortable beds. We select the Drive/Breakfast package which simply cannot be beat for value and convenience. The hotel is set back from the street, which allows us to drive right up to the front door. Once our bags are removed, our car is taken to an indoor garage for the duration of our stay. If it's needed we just call a half hour before we want to leave, and our car is waiting outside.

The food in the Liberte Lounge is absolutely superb (try the Rack of Lamb), and breakfast (included in the package) in Chez Colette is just as good. The menu selection is excellent, and it's hard to decide, but don't miss the French Toast. The staff throughout the hotel is attentive, cheerful, and go out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Any request is handled quickly and professionally.

The location in Center City has an abundance of great stores and restaurants. As far as we're concerned, the Sofitel is our only choice for our visits to Philadelphia. We've had a favorite NYC hotel, but because of our Sofitel experience, on our next trip we plan to stay at the Accor Novotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the city.
1 Thank Richard S
Dear Richard S,

I am delighted to read your feedback!

Each of our ambassadors has a strong passion for excellence, and I am proud to share your feedback with our team. It will serve as motivation to continue delivering the luxurious and personalized service that we have become renown for.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit and all others to follow!

À bientôt !
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

2nd year in a row that we stayed at sofitel. It is reliably excellent. staff is professional and courteous. rooms are elegantly appointed, beautifully decorated, quiet and spotlessly clean. they offer scrumptious croissants and pan au chocolate in the lobby, along with coffee and tea in the lobby. While we were there, an area-wide power failure occurred (due to PECO, not sofitel) and Sofitel's staff handled it very professionally. emergency power kept the elevators operating. My only criticism is that late check-ins should be afforded late check out. Still, they are tops in philadelpha.
previously I have stayed at Days Inn at convention center, which was a disaster - (unacceptably very noisy due to a/c compressor, also quite run down). Also stayed at Radisson/Warwick which was OK, but nothing like the Sofitel, which is a joy!

Green Features: no criticisms. it was a very friendly environment. the a.c. was very efficient
1 Thank james m
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Bonjour james m,

An unexpected power outage is certainly not ideal, but our ambassadors are well-trained to handle such a situation, and I will be certain to share your positive feedback with the rest of my team. I am pleased you were not inconvenienced and still enjoyed an excellent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit!

Warmest regards,