“Excellent Hotel with Business meeting facilities”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were 180+ attendees at a PMI Leadership Institute Volunteer Planning Meeting. The facilities were excellent, staff was courteous, food including vegetarian food was delicious. Breakfast at restaurant and dinner at bar was very good. Checkin and Checkout was a breeze. Concierge was fantastic and helped in information. Bellboys are smiling and housekeeping is impeccable.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor gives a good view of downtown.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tejassura
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear tejassura,

What a wonderful 5 star review! It is always our pleasure to host groups and provide for attendees, so that each may guest may indulge in all that we have to offer here. Your feedback is certain to serve as motivation for our ambassadors to continue offering the exemplary service we have become known for.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had such a wonderful experience at Sofitel. Conveniently located and great service. Sonia and Hector at the front desk took amazing care of my friend and me during our stay, answering all our questions and even offering to hold our bags after check out (and giving us bottles of water for the rest of our day exploring the city!). The doormen always greeted us with smiles and were quick to offer their services in hailing cabs for us. When I realized I had forgotten a toothbrush, Housekeeping was quick to provide one along with a travel sized-tube of toothpaste. Room Service staff were equally quick in their service and very friendly. With beautiful decor, excellent service, and very comfortable beds, what more could I ask for in a hotel?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Elizabeth H,

What a delight to read your review!

Our ambassadors here are truly unique and possess a passion for service excellence. Your kind feedback will be certain to serve as motivation for all of us here at the Sofitel to continue to create personal and memorable experiences for each of our guests.

We excitedly await your next arrival!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Sofitel Philly is always a pleasure for me. In addition to the usual Sofitel features, I find staff always welcoming and that makes a difference. Well located, good size rooms and a nice restaurant on site. Only criticism for me is the gym, which I find less equipped than at other hotels in this chain.

• Stayed: January 2014
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Bonjour Alejandro D,

It is my pleasure to read your review! I am pleased you are able to enjoy all that we have to offer here including our service, location, rooms, and restaurant. I thank you for sharing your comments regarding our fitness center, as we are continuously providing updates to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel is very accommodating. The service is wonderful- something very hard to find in this day and age.
This hotel is located in a very good location-close enough to everything, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle.
We will stay here again and enjoy the great service and accommodations.
Thank you to Anthony and Victor for making our stay a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Carla S,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! Each of our ambassadors truly have a passion for creating a special experience for our guests, and I will be sure to highlight your feedback with my Director of Guest Services on the two agents you mentioned. They are both, indeed, wonderful assets to our Front Desk team, and I am delighted you had the opportunity to meet them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank travelerRaleigh

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights from 1/20-1/22. My boyfriend booked a corner suite which was very spacious and beautiful. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. I loved the French influence of the hotel and how accommodating the staff was. I thought I forgot my cell phone in the car and the guy at the valet offered to look for it and bring it up to my room. The service was great. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to someone else!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear tmp5091,

I am so pleased you were able to enjoy one of our suites during your stay. We truly take pride in the spacious, well-appointed suites that we have to offer.

It is our delight to provide the exemplary level of service we have become known for to each of our guests, and I thank you for your kind words on our accommodating staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here for one night while in town. The location can't be beat. It is right in the center of town with a lot of restaurants and shops. The service was excellent from check in to chek out. The room was a nice size, room service was fast and good. The gym was decent size. It was nice being able to work out on one of many treadmills.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Bonjour Ria H,

Each of our ambassadors strives to provide a luxurious and unique experience for each of our guests, and it is my pleasure that you were able to indulge in all that we have to offer here during your stay including our downtown location, delicacies from Room Service, and our Fitness Center.

I thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!