“Beautiful Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Hotel is beautiful, the beds are incredibly comfortable, I will definitely come back and stay and here and try other Sofitel properties. Location was perfect, we were able to walk to everything. Hector at check in/out was incredibly professional, I was really impressed by him. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear TN1989,

What a wonderful 5 star review! I am delighted that you were able to experience our specially designed "SoBed" to allow for a luxurious and peaceful night sleep.

Hector is certainly a wonderful ambassador of our hotel, and I thank you for making note of his incredible professionalism.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Vincent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

One of the best places to stay in Philly. The location is perfect. Walking distance to just about everything and surrounded by shopping and restaurants. The staff welcome everyone and go out of their way to provide top service. Even the valet was amazing. The room was nicely decorated and the toiletries are top notch as well. Turn down service was a nice surprise as well. The check in was fast and professional. The bellhop showed us everything we needed in the room. An over all amazing experience. Cant wait to stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike S,

I am delighted you enjoyed our Awesome place, and awesome staff!

Each of our ambassadors here truly strive to create a unique and memorable stay for each of our guests, and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this.

We excitedly await your next arrival!

Mays Landing, NJ
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sofitel Philadelphia for the weekend. The staff at the front desk was very polite & quick, the room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable & the location is outstanding. We would stay here again!

Dear Shroeder14,

Thank you for sharing such lovely comments regarding your stay with us. We certainly will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Despite a major snowstorm in Philadelphia, we had a wonderful weekend at the Sofitel. From the lovely (surprise) bottle of champagne and congratulatory note from the hotel manager that "greeted us" when we entered the room, to an evening listening to the Brazilian duo Valentine's evening...it couldn't have been better. Next visit, we'll try the restaurant in the hotel for dinner, as we hear it's also great! All in all, this is a super place for a weekend away for "locals" or visitors! It's central to everything in Center City, and the staff are all terrific.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor -- quiet and just right!
JLM1936,

It is truly my pleasure that you chose to spend the weekend with us here at the Sofitel. It has been a delight to read your review and I thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Dunmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights at this hotel this week. My room on the fifth floor was excellent although not too much view due to other buildings in the area. Mattress was excellent. All room amenities were outstanding. Used several of the meeting rooms all were top-notch. Meals were excellent many different choices extremely fresh and well-prepared. Best part of hotel is staff - they were cordial, well-trained, and assisted with our every need. I would highly recommend this hotel when you are in downtown Philadelphia.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear HoyaPete,

What a wonderful review! It is my pleaure that our ambassadors were able to provide you with exemplary service while you had the opportunity to utilize our meeting rooms and enjoy some of the delicacies we offer here from our restaurants.

Prior to your next arrival, please be sure to alert our Guest Services team should you have a preference for a nicer view so that we may do our best to provide you with a room on a higher floor if available.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My family has stayed at several hotels in Philadelphia and this hotel is by far the best!
The rooms are beautifully decorated and very spacious. The bathroom was gorgeous!
The staff could not be nicer. We stayed at the Sofitel with a toddler and they provided us with a great goodie bag for her (diaper, bib, etc.). The location of the Sofitel is great! Many attractions are within walking distance. Looking forward to future stays at the Sofitel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jennifer R,

It is always our pleasure when we have the opportunity to welcome our youngest guests and we make sure to provide amenities to help create a special experience for them, as well. I am delighted that your toddler was able to indulge at the Sofitel!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our downtown location soon.

Severna Park, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

To start this trip off, I received a call the day before check-in by a staff member telling me that my request for "flowers in my room" with the Romance Package was not possible and he asked where I found this at. He said "only chocolates were available" and that we'd call down to the desk when we wanted the champagne. Later that night I did some research, and on Sofitel's Facebook page I found that the Romance Package included "Flowers OR Chocolates, Champagne, and breakfast". So I then emailed the hotel and explained this, where I shortly thereafter received a replay apologizing for the confusion along with an explanation that they would honor the flower request.

So we checked in on Friday the 14th (Valentine's Day) around 2 PM. Pulled up to the hotel and received quick assistance to get my car valeted. Went inside with a bellman pulling our luggage on a cart and we checked in easily and efficiently. Now comes the confusing part. We were given the top floor room (1406) with a nice view of downtown. Upon exiting the elevator, we walked down the hall and saw every room number but 1406. We passed a set of double doors on the left with a keycard slot but no room number so we thought "How could that be 1406?". Well luckily for us the bellman arrived a few minutes later with our luggage and said "Down here" where he proceeded to open that double door in the corner, which opened to a mini hallway/alcove with two separate rooms off of it. One being ours! I mean correct me if I'm wrong but that would have been nice to know when we received our room keys. Or the least they could do is put up room numbers for those two rooms in the main hallway.

Got our bags placed in our room and the bellman was on his way. The room was very spacious, excellent view, and smelled even better (I think the hotel has some sort of aroma they spray in the ducts... you can smell it well upon arrival in the lobby). A few things with the room though. Would a dust wand hurt a housekeeper? Under the TV and the top of the artwork above the bed were extremely dusty. I know, atop of the artwork is ridiculous but if you've watched Hotel Impossible you know that's the first thing a hotelier checks when they inspect the cleanliness of the rooms. A dustwand doesn't cost much so I imagine the housekeeper just slipped up here.

Back to the flowers I mentioned above..... they weren't in the room as requested. So, when my girlfriend was taking a shower I emailed the hotel asking why my request wasn't adhered to. They explained that I check in early (as check-in was at 3) and that they had planned to place the flowers in the room at 2:50 as they had to be purchased. Minor mishap but after my email they came up ten minutes later with the flowers. A beautiful arrangement in a nice vase which my girlfriend really liked!

Then, I called around 4 for the champagne which showed up at our door a few minutes later, cold and ready to be served by the polite worker. We then went out to dinner and a jazz show and arrived back at the hotel around 11:30 that evening. I asked the hotel front desk two questions, How do I order the breakfast that is included in our package? I was told to fill out the door tag in our room and place it on the door. Do they have a pool/hot tub? No. Apparently those are few and far between in downtown Philly. Not too sure why.

All in all, the hotel was great. Great location, extremely nice service, and a great room. A few things missed in the details though that's why I gave it 4/5 stars.

Room Tip: Luxury room, "sunny exposure", top floor. All winners!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Ryan M,

I am delighted that you chose to spend Valentine's Day with us, as it is our pleasure when we may assist in creating a memorable experience for our guests.

Thank you for your detailed feedback, as this will assist us as we continuously provide enhancements to the services that we offer to our guests.

I hope that we may welcome you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia soon!