“Magnifique!”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel has it all! It is a boutique style with fabulous rooms, outstanding service and a cozy comfortable place to spend your time whether on holiday or for business. The staff is exceptionally at attending to your every need or desire. You will not be disappointed, because if you are, you did not ask. The hotel brings to life every season of the year in its beautiful lobby, lounge and restaurant area. It is the only place I stay in Philly!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Cindee M,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely 5 star review!

Our employees truly have a passion for creating a magnifique experience for each one of our guests, and I am delighted you are able to indulge in such experience each time you are in Philadephia. We excitedly await your next arrival!

Vincent

Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is modern, nicely appointed and means to do everything right. The concierge, William, was particularly helpful for our first visit to Philadelphia. He routed us to great restaurants, sights and museums. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that the check-in desk was understaffed and housekeeping neglected to service our room. I predict these are one-off experiences but not so good for us.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice

Dear JMAFlpswich,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay with us! I am disappointed that your experience with our check-in desk and housekeeping did not meet your expectations. I have highlighted your comments with my Director of Guest Services and Executive Housekeeper to ensure that we are delivering the exemplary level of service that is our standard.

We are truly pleased that you chose to stay with us during your first trip to Philadelphia, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great hotel all around. Great location, halfway between Centery City and Rittenhouse Square. Easy access to shops, restaurants and lounges. The hotel itself was a step above the rest. Staff was polite and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. But those beds!!! When we left, we lifted up the sheets to see what kind of bed it was so we could purchase a similar one. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Great bathroom toiletries, great room service and a very nice bar/lounge area.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were placed at the end of the hall where there was less traffic. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MRidley

Dear MRidley,

What a delight to read your review! I am pleased you were able to relax and enjoy luxurious night sleep in our specially designed SoBed, which is certainly a favorite among our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Bonjour! This greeting did not come as a surprise to my husband and me as this is a highly respected French hotel chain. We chose Sofitel due to the reputation of Sofitel and Accor (parent company) hotels around the world. The French greeting was most-welcomed as we got out of the taxi and in to some of the remaining slush and snow.
We were warmly greeted at the front desk and were given keys to our room in a timely fashion. Upon entering our very quiet room that faced Sansom Street, we found it to be very spacious. This surprised us as many big city hotels skimp on the square footage. A nice desk was big enough for our laptop and all of our papers and books. There were numerous lights to make the room bright for those long winter nights. Our king size bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
Now, we usually do not get worked up over bathrooms, but this one is absolutely wonderful! It is so big and nice that my husband took numerous photos of it to use for our next master bathroom. There was nice glass shower stall with a rainforest shower head. Next to it was a good-sized tub that my husband used to unwind on those cold January nights. Towels in the bathroom are plentiful for the large sink area. The bathroom was big enough that my husband and I could both be in there in at the same time and not be in the way of each other. How many hotels can claim this?
The two of us took advantage of their restaurant, Chez Colette, for breakfast, especially with the weather conditions outside. Every breakfast we had was made with very fresh ingredients. Our most memorable meal was their salmon and cream cheese on a bagel. My husband is a coffee lover and says the hotel’s coffee is very good. It reminded us of some of the nice petit déjeuners we have had in France. If you are in a hurry, there is complimentary croissants, coffee, juice and water, located near the entrance of the restaurant. We do not know of many big city hotels that do this.
A couple of times we visited their bar, Liberté. It is a rather spacious place with tables, lounge chairs and a gas fireplace. The fireplace is very popular thus you have to get there early or on an evening that is not busy. A limited menu is offered at the bar and my husband ordered a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. Sofitel’s version of this Philadelphia original was very good and satisfying.
Their concierges are very helpful and patient. All of them did not mind us asking so many questions concerning the city and what services Sofitel offered as we are looking for a place for our oldest son’s wedding rehearsal dinner.
This hotel is in an excellent location in downtown Philadelphia. Walking to Rittenhouse Square and to our favorite restaurant in City Center (Parc Restaurant Bistro & Café) through the snow and slush took less than ten minutes for us. We would assume that during the rest of the year the time would be a lot shorter. Because of its location, excellent service and comfortable rooms, we will be staying here every time we are in Philadelphia to visit our oldest son.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear MagyarNC,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your stay with us! It is truly our pleasure that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer from our delicacies in Liberte and Chez Colette to your guest room accommodations. We excitedly await your future arrivals!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Staff are very friendly and efficient. Room spacious and comfortable. Love the tub and separate shower! Breakfast amazing and delicious, wanted to take chef home with us. Convenient location. Chose to stay here again after previous visit.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear S B,

Our guestroom bathrooms with standing shower and separate soaking tub are certainly a favorite of our guests. I am pleased you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer from accommodations and location to some of our delicacies for breakfast.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I think the hotel was pretty nice but the arrival was sufficiently difficult that I doubt I'd ever return. I arrived at 11 AM knowing that the rooms might not be ready until 3 PM. Upon arrival, the room was not ready but I was told, repeatedly, that they should have a room ready soon. I checked back often enough that the desk staff knew me by name. 3PM came and went and I finally got into my room at around 6 PM (my meetings started at 3 PM so there was no opportunity to try again until they concluded for the day). Others at the same event had similar experience. The rooms were not ready and there were lines at the desk to find out that, no, the room was not available. It seemed like the front desk was waiting for housekeeping to release the whole hotel at the same time. The experience left me with a sense of poor organization and poor execution. People were nice enough but there were not enough of then and their answers we not very helpful (why not offer to call me when the room was ready? I've had hotels make that offer often enough.)
The room was nice but the TV picture was unwatchable. Why would a hotel invest in HD TVs (there were two) and then transit a snowy analog signal to them on virtually all the available channels?
The bathrooms were large but the shower head was so high I could not adjust it (probably more than 7 feet up on the wall.)
Rooms were well and nicely furnished although the desk was more pretty than functional - why would anyone buy a desk with a handle on the center drawer that prevents you from getting close to the desk to work?
Conference rooms were nice enough. Nothing to complain about but neither anything that is different from many other hotels.
Food was OK for conference food. Again, nothing outstanding but OK.
Prices seemed normal for a city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mikaamma
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear mikaamma,

I am disappointed that your experience upon arrival did not meet your expectations. Check-in time is at 3:00pm and unfortunately we cannot guarantee a room prior to that. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, as we are continuously enhancing the services we offer to our guests.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia to indulge in the magnifique experience that is our custom!