“perfect location”

Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

we stayed here for a long weekend in Philly, and loved the hotel. it's in a perfect location right in the heart of center city. the staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful. the room was large and the amenities were great. the bed was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky D
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Bonjour Becky D,

Thank you for sharing such a delightful 5 star review of your stay with us! We truly take pride in indulging all of our guest needs from offering an exemplary level of service to spacious guest rooms and luxurious amenities. We excitedly await your future arrivals!

Vincent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at the Sofitel for a board meeting. This was my first time both in Philly and at staying at a Sofitel. Coming from the West Coast my preferred way to get to the East Coast is by red-eye, so I arrived rather early. The location is wonderful; right within walking distance to just about anywhere. I was greeted warmly and checked-in. Unfortunately, there wasn't a room ready at that time. Not a problem, but this wasn't an overly busy time of year, so I was somewhat surprised. I went off in search of some breakfast, but wasn't really dressed for sightseeing and beginning to feel quite tired from the lack of sleep one gets on the plane, plus I needed to charge my phone. So, I went back to the hotel and set up shop on the 2nd floor. I found it quiet and a nice place to relax while waiting. Apparently, the staff did not agree and shortly after a staff member stopped by to ask me how I was doing and if they could help. I told them I was doing well, just waiting for my room and the woman, a sales manager, said she would check on it right away and apologized for the wait, saying she would make sure I got a nice room to boot. Lo and behold, about 5 minutes later I received a call saying my room was ready. Sweet!

The room was well appointed and I found it more than enough for myself. But the beds, oh my goodness the beds. They are so comfortable! Nice and fluffy, but firm enough to support the body. The pillows were also very nice. It's a wonder I didn't take a nap and wake up 8 hours later! There was a bath tub and separate shower in the room. I am not usually a bath-taker, but did indulge and found it very nice.

I had a couple of drinks in the bar at night while waiting for a friend. It is like many hotel bars: does it's job, but is no destination. The bar was comfortable and the bartender welcoming, but not pushy.

My one complaint about the hotel is that I found the housekeeping lacking. I figured for a place like the Sofitel, housekeeping would not be a problem. Each day I left the room early (before 8) and didn't arrive back until at least 3pm. More than enough time to service the room (I was a housekeeper for a time and all rooms were to be done by 3). The first day we came back and it wasn't done, so I asked the front desk. They sent someone up and obviously did the bare minimum. Also, they didn't put the ironing board back in after we had used it. I realize we could have done it, but by leaving it they should still put it back. That's housekeeping 101; you clean up the room for the guest.

I would definitely stay here again, but hopefully they can work on the housekeeping before I return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Bonjour Mary N,

What a pleasure that you enjoyed your first trip to Philadelphia with us here at the Sofitel! I am delighted that you enjoyed your spacious room, specially designed SoBed and drinks at our Liberte bar. We are continuously providing enhancements to our services and I truly value your detailed feedback. Our team looks forward to welcoming you upon your return for another magnifique night of "sleeping on a cloud".

Kind regards,
Fair Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very nice hotel in downtown Philadelphia that is conveniently located near restaurants and tourist sights. We walked to Liberty Bell and to City Hall. Room was spacious with excellent amenities, including expresso maker in room. No pool. We had breakfast in our room rate and it was very nice, great service and good food. We had a corner suite with a beautiful view of the church across the street. Only negative we found was the very busy entry way with guest cars parked on the sidewalk. It was a mess trying to get in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour Susanlynn53,

Thank you for pointing out our spacious rooms and amenities (especially our espresso machine!) in such a positive light. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and a magnifique breakfast with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. We had a corner room. Rather cluttered with too much furniture, but it was nice. Don't plan on seeing any views as there are none. We were lucky to be able to see a church but that was about it. Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. Different decor to other Sofitel's I have stayed at but nice. Good service although they did (by mistake I am quite sure) try to charge the exorbitant car parking charge to both our room and our friends for the same car! We were able to rectify that at check-out thankfully. It is only valet parking and it is stupidly expensive. There is a car park right around the corner so worth checking that out before you pay for valet. It is a long walk to the main attractions (Independence Hall, Liberty Bell etc..) but nice enough walk in good weather. If you are sight-seeing you can probably stay closer to that area but if you are not in a rush and you like walking around a city it is perfectly fine. Enjoyed our stay at the hotel but didn't use any of the facilities really so can't comment on them. Nice and comfy, reasonably priced if booked early, large rooms from what I could see.

Room Tip: I would just go high up to get away from street level. I don't think there are any views anywhe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rmgstephenson
Bonjour rmgstephenson,

I am pleased you enjoyed a "nice and comfy" stay in one of our spacious guest rooms here in center city, Philadelphia! Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your stay, as our guests' feedback assists us in continuing to provide enhancements to the services we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

They have excellent, polite and quick staff and cool designed lobby. rooms are huge with plush beds, full couch, desk area with convenient coffee maker, and large bathroom. Decor is nice and is a very easy location. Within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Bonjour bbnewman44,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to our plush hotel here in downtown center city Philadelphia.