“Lacks attention to detail”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

booked room for brother's 10th wedding anniversary and told hotel in advance. Paid extra to have champagne in room as a surprise. The champagne was not provided. Email request to pay in advance ignored.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Bonjour diplobecky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it enables us to continuously enhance the services we offer our guests. We take pride in our passion for service excellence, and I am deeply disappointed to read that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. I hope that you return to the Sofitel Philadelphia to experience the truly magnifique experience that is our custom.

Vincent

Write a ReviewReviews (3,431)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a working weekend. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are well appointed and super comfortable and the lobby bar is excellent. The food was very good and they have an excellent in-room menu meal deal that is economical and offers delicious "fun food." I love this hotel and will try this brand in other locations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank suddenlysingle
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Bonjour suddenlysingle,

I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and delicious delicacies from Liberte to In-Room Dining during your working weekend here at the Sofitel. We excitedly await your future arrivals!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank 555MoniqueB

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Excellent property. Service was great and sincere, without being over-the-top. Convenient location. Sleep quality of bed was terrific. Large, tile bath with separate shower was refreshing. Outstanding spot to stay in the city of brotherly love.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason B

Bonjour Jason B,

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed a "1st class" stay with us here in our downtown location. I am delighted that you enjoyed an exemplary level of service durnig your stay, and in particular enjoyed the specially designed SoBed and large bathroom with separate shower and soaking tub. We look forward to your future arrivals to the Sofitel Philadelphia.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I don't travel to Philadelphia often, but when I do, I stay here. I recommend this to others when they are visiting the city. I travel a lot and have stayed in countless hotels, but this is truly one of my favorites. The service is excellent. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The beds are heavenly. The location is perfect to enjoy all the city has to offer and is a short walk from tourist sights, great pubs, unique shopping, and phenomenal food. I love this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Beckitex1

Bonjour Beckitex1,

We are honored to be your chocie hotel in here downtown Philadelphia! I am pleased that you have had the opportunity to enjoy the sights, shopping and restaurants just steps from our front door. We look forward to your future arrivals to the Sofitel here in the City of Brotherly Love!

Au revoir,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Friendly staff and beautiful rooms and a convenient location. Very updated. The coffee shop is expensive but they had free coffee and some days croissants free too. July was unbearably hot. I would not go again in July.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Takilover

Bonjour Takilover,

Thank you for sharing a review of your stay with us! I truly appreciate your comments and am delighted to see that you enjoyed all that we have to offer from our downtown location and friendly service to beautiful guest room accommodations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was a little surprised at my most recent stay here at several small things that hinted that attention to detail may be flagging. The wallpaper in my suite was torn in a very visible spot; no newspaper was delivered in the morning (despite my standard request in my frequent guest profile setting), and none were to be found in the lobby other than USA Today; and most disturbingly, the toilet hadn't been properly cleaned. The staff is as friendly and helpful as ever, but the management might pay a little more attention to the detail that you expect from a high-end property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mrsirin

Bonjour mrsirin,

I am disappointed to see that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not the level of service we would want you to come to think of the Sofitel.

I am pleased our team provided you with friendly and helpful service throughout your stay, and please know that we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia to have the magnifique experience that is our standard.