“So Romantic!”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I planned a romantic surprise get-away for my husband here, and we both were truly impressed. We had the air of romance package that came with a late check out (4pm), a bottle of champagne, chocolates and breakfast for two all included for $285. We order dinner from the restaurant the food was awesome. Friendly staff, great location, clean hotel I will be visiting again.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Honeydew28

Reviewed 2 May 2010

My first of what I hope to be many stays at this hotel in Philadelphia. It completely outdoes The Four Seasons. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, the room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was huge and the location was perfect. Excellent service and amenities. Right in the center of everything in midtown. FABULOUS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
littlepeanut58, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2010

Bonjour,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Vincent Vienne

Reviewed 30 April 2010

This hotel was a great place to stay in the Rittenhouse Square area of Philadelphia. It is very convenient to restaurants and shopping and not far from historical sites. The hotel was very clean and generally quiet in the rooms. Some noise did seem to come through the room doors when doors slammed in the hallways, but much less than other hotels. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was decorated nicely. We even had views of the city's tallest buildings! The staff was friendly and accommodating, although the scripted "bonjour" greeting seemed a little bit much at first. I guess I got used to it though, and I am sure it has become second nature to the staff. My only complaints are the cost of valet parking ($36 per night) and the bathroom doors in the rooms. Parking is always expensive, but I believe they could do better for their guests. We parked around the corner instead. The bathroom doors were French-door style, and they didn't seem to quite meet in the middle, even when fully closed. Not a big deal, but we didn't like it. Overall, the stay was wonderful, and I would definitely stay there again. We even got a good rate for booking in advance, so that made it even better.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingSpider
Reviewed 29 April 2010

The room was very well appointed and very clean - Try the shower - superb. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful with directions and advice; and accomodating especially since we were travelling with our pooch. They heeded our Do not disturb sign since that meant we weren't in the room and the dog was alone. We weren't worried that the pooch would misbehave or bite, we worried that she would take off. She is known as the escape artist in our neighborhood. An open door is an invite to run.
We will definitely stay there again.
The only drawbacks were that we didn't get the upgrade as stated on their website, but we didn't ask either. The internet was non-existent until the morning of our departure. There was also nothing on their website about the $300 deposit in case our dog damaged the room or was a nuisance. Neither of which happened. We did take the precaution of having the staff check out the room when we checked in and then the bellhop inspected the room when we checked out after we asked the desk clerk to send someone to do so. Also, the room was very warm intil we figured out how to reset the thermostat. The beds have down comforters and no top sheets so there was no way to kick off the comforter and still be covered. We learned on check out that we could have requested a sheet and a light blanket. In all my world travels, I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't provide a top sheet. I do wonder if the comforters are changed and cleaned for the next guest. Hmmm?
For Happy Hour, check out other locations for less expensive drinks and some places also offer free appetizers. It seems that the Sofitel charges extra for rocks on the side and for making the drinks. Or is this the norm in Philly?
All in all, a good place to stay - check their website for room specials. It's centrally located to nearby sightseeing, shops and restaurants. Try Pietro's Coal Fired Pizza and Italian Restaurant. Very Good and reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tootsie44
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We were staying in Philly for two weeks on business and couldn't have stayed at a better hotel. It was so nice I plan on returning with my wife for a long w/e getaway. The hotel is perfectly located for whatever your heart desires, top notch restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating making great restaurant picks and reservations for our whole group. If you don’t feel like going out for food the restaurant in the hotel is spectacular, the best eggs benedict I have ever eaten. A special thanks to Emmanuel the Food and Beverage Director for being so helpful.
All the Best,
Your Friends from NY

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I just had a very successful meeting in Philadelphia and the Sofitel played a huge part in the success of the meeting. The meeting space was perfect and the food was fabulous. The hotel staff could not do enough for us! The hotel rooms were beautiful and every attendee said the beds were the most comfortable bed they have ever slept in! I would definitely recommend this hotel to a co-worker and friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Everything about our stay (our 5th) was excellent: the kind and accommodating staff, cleanliness, room service breakfasts, cocktails and snacks in the lounge. My only complaint is that there isn't free wireless in the rooms. We'll be back...

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
littlepeanut58, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments! I will be certain to share them with my entire team.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards,