“Always stay at the Sofitel”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I love the Sofitel and always stay there when I visit Philly, either for business or socially. This hotel is in the perfect location, right in Rittenhouse Square, right next to the shopping and close to the museum. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the bathrooms luxurious and the beds are probably the best I've ever slept in whilst staying in a hotel. I love the restaurant and the room service. The valet is convenient and speedy. The hotel bar is fabulous. Nice croissants and coffee in the morning if you are on the run. Also steps away from Bonte, always a favorite. The Concierge service is really helpful and always takes care of you - even helped us rent a costume for a Halloween party on one visit. The fitness room is among the best I've been to in a hotel - very well equipped with everything you'd need. They are really great!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
littlepeanut58, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Bonjour,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certain to share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia.

Vincent Vienne

Write a ReviewReviews (3,429)

Reviewed 15 July 2010

I recently stayed the Sofitel Philadelphia on 7/09/10 for 1 night & thoroughly enjoyed my visit:) The hotel has a perfect location, within easy walking distance of Rittenhouse Sq, Ave. of the Arts, Logan Circle, Midtown Village, etc.

The beds were amazing with very soft linens, my view from #1222 was very nice, the room service food was flawless & very reasonable for a big city hotel, the bathroom was quite roomy with a great shower & L'Occitane amenities & a seperate tub....there was a large stain above the tub, but it wasn't a big deal...also, the room was very large, had amazing closet space & a very quiet & cold A/C which was great considering how hot is was in philly!!

James, Christine & Jade were all very friendly & helpful at the Front Desk...I arrived around 9am & James was able to check me in without any issues....he explained the amenities of the hotel & was very efficient. Also, Kristina & the entire Room Service team was amazing!! Upon check-out, I did have a slight problem....Matthew did not ask me how my stay was & charged the wrong credit card, which I did not realize until I was back in New York...not a huge deal, but he was not warm or friendly at all.

Overall, I really enjoyed the hotel & would absolutely stay again! I visit Philadelphia often & will always stay here....it was a really lovely hotel-

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We embarked on an east coast trip with our 3 children, well actually, there were 15 of us including grandparents and my brothers family. By far this was our favorite hotel of the trip. The room was large with a king bed and pull out bed - basically 2 rooms plus the bathroom was HUGE! Coffee downstairs in the morning. The bar was fun and breakfast was excellent. We could walk to all the historical sites and close to the subway when we went to the Phillies game. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Bonjour,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased to here that Sofitel Philadelphia was you favorite hotel during your four city trip!

We do look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I just stayed here for one night recently with my spouse and my dog. We specifically picked this hotel because it was dog-friendly - it was either Sofitel or the Loews hotel and Sofitel won because it was slightly less expensive. Here's my feedback:

Pros
- nice bathroom with l'Occitane bath products
- I love that it's dog friendly
- the bar/lounge area seemed to be very happening at night and the bar menu looked delicious, although I didn't have anything
- fabulous location in the center of the sops, restaurants and two blocks away from Rittenhouse Park

Cons
- the room did smell a bit musty
- the valet is incredibly, painfully slow. It takes at least 20 minutes to get your car
- common area (lobby and hallways) AC is blasting way too much - freezing!

Overall though, I'd stay here again. Just be sure to ask for your car 20 minutes before you actually need it!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We stayed in a Sofitel hotel before, so we knew the hotel would be great. We have to say it was even better than we remembered. The hotel is situated in the middle of the city, one block away from all the stores and restaurants you can ever need. The room was big with a nice king bed, and super soft linens. The bathroom had a big wonderful shower and a separate bathtub... almost better than our own bathroom.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel (there is a bagel shop at the end of the street and plenty of Starbucks) but we walked in the breakfast room and the buffet looked delicious even serving omelettes to order. They do give you complementary morning coffee even if you do not eat breakfast there, which we found to be a very nice touch.
As someone pointed out, there is only valet parking which cost you $36. We parked in a garage a block away and we paid $26 instead. Sure, not cheap, but the city is a bit expensive no matter what!! We highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Granviaggiatori
Reviewed 8 July 2010

The hotel was very nice, the beds were SO comfortable. The concierge were very knowledgeable and very helpful. It's about a 12 block walk to Old City, but there is a subway line (Market) and a bus that goes down Chestnut and drops you off right in front of the visitor center. Both modes of transport ($2 a ride) were quick, clean and safe.

The only downside is that the only option for bottled water/snacks is the mini-bar. However, there is a Rite-Aid half a block away and a 24-hour CVS about 2 blocks away.

I had a beer in the bar and that was reasonably priced. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning and that was expensive and tasted just OK. Would definitely recommend eating elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that your recent stay with us was very enjoyable. For future visits please know our hotel bar does offer bottles of water, sodas, as well as a light fare menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

We chose this hotel due to TripAdvisor ratings. Got a good deal for the July 4th holiday weekend. It was a toss up between this and the Four Seasons. This offered free parking.
Well furnished and spacious rooms, and an amazing bed which gives a good night of sleep.
Downsides are all of the staff being told to try and have a fake accent. It's just laughable almost, especially when the illusion is VERY easily broken. The hotel does seem to be frequented by working ladies of the night - and this was very noticeable. From women waiting for men in the lobby to men counting out the cash to women in the bar. Oh dear!
Good cocktails, OK food, but an overpriced buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
littlepeanut58, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2010

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our cocktails and overall accommodations during your recent stay with us.

Being that our property is in a downtown location, we do everything we can to create a fun and safe atmosphere for our guests. I appreciate that you have brought this issue to my attention and we will work hard to prevent future occurrences.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.